Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Multiclass Series
Love the idea. I also hope SRS can have more GT series races.
Was on my mind a couple of days ago but didn't make a post about it. It's a fun idea for sure and definitely interesting. But I think there will be a sheer amount of drivers and multiple splits which will only be good at the start. Once you realize that you won't be able to make top split every single time, it's easy to loose interest as you don't make the broadcasts and may end up loosing ratings consistently which I believe many people hate to happen. Multiple posts of lost ratings incoming!

it's also hard to dictate who will drive what car. What if no one drives one or two class of cars, it's a handful to think about.

Imaginary situation, 15 cars each class on a 3 class race, 45 cars in one grid. But 40 registered for the top class, 10 registered for the 2nd tier and 5 registered for the slowest class... How will the grid look like for the lower splits? Even the broadcast will look garbage in a situation like that... Just saying... that's why I didn't make a post about it.  It's easy to write some rules but to tell who will drive what car to even up the grid is a near impossible task.

What could be done is to create teams of 3,4, or maybe 5 people,  depending on the number of car class. Every driver will drive one class of car, and they should make sure that they will show up together on every single race. A driver can only join one team, and drive only one class of car for the whole season. No swapping cars. Minimum of 15 teams maybe? and a series will be born!

See? I am not shooting it down. I have ideas but it's daunting to think about...
Well, there would have to be limited choice for cars per class, so the grid on some server will not be only one class. Lets say if there are 23 people per server, 7 could be LMP1 and other 16 would be GT2, in every split
NEVER GIVE UP!
Count me in. I would have no problem racing in the lower class :-)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
it's fun! it's interesting. I will make my appearance if it goes live. 
I will drive the most obnoxious car available, if the BMW 235i will make it!
[Image: i-cant-die-my-fingers-are-crossed-psycho...72x125.jpg]

@Marek... may I ask what u usually drive and what time slot? I heard you missed you series this season or I read it wrong? Anyways, what is your go to car if you can choose?
Cool, havent thinked about it before but i liked it!

+1 for that!
SURVIVING ROOKIES - Legendado PT-BR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LJcb-_LcUE

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himslef."
- Ferdinand Porsche
Neil, I am driving in the evening of my time, CET time, from 5pm to midnight, if there are good series and if I am not put into lower splits.. I like to drive anything, but probably the GT cars are the best for me, or some Tatuus/Ginetta etc., Lotus Evora right now is fun too. Why?
NEVER GIVE UP!
(01-20-2018, 05:42 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Neil, I am driving in the evening of my time, CET time, from 5pm to midnight, if there are good series and if I am not put into lower splits.. I like to drive anything, but probably the GT cars are the best for me, or some Tatuus/Ginetta etc., Lotus Exige right now is fun too. Why?
I find the lotus too hard to drive, not hard to control, but hard to be fast on. I just asked coz I only know maybe 5 or 6 guys here whom I raced with almost always. U seem to be on a different time slot, I just wished to race with more guys I meet on the forums. I can recognize 20 names who are active in the forums, sharing reasonable opinions, u one of them but I never met on track...
Yeah man, we both are completely in different time zones so its hard. But, maybe in april and few months after that I will be in USA so there is a possibility that we will finally meet.
NEVER GIVE UP!
Shocked 
Hi everyone!!! I think multiclass is a very interesting type of series, and to sum up, I saw this pack in racedepartment that could be very very good to add in multiclass. +1 to all of you.
Pack: ww.racedepartment.com/downloads/ier-car-pack-1-uscc-mod.7348/  Heart
And for example a circuit like daytona
Circuit: ww.racedepartment.com/downloads/daytona-2017.14277/  Smile