Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mazda 787b 1-hour Daily series (Starting November 16th 2020)
(12-07-2020, 12:12 AM)Simon Speth Wrote:  So since I promised it to Donnchadh here I'm not only sharing my setup for the le mans track but also explaining a bit how I created the setup.

Quick disclaimer: Austin's setup seemed to be very fast on his youtube video, maybe even faster than mine so maybe he will join the discussion as well Wink

So this freak track needs an even more radical aero setup than lets say monza: It only has slow corners where aero is not important or flat out full send corners which also require no downforce as they are super fast.

My goal therefore was to get as much drag away from the car while at the same time keeping it stable and drivable. Of course I lowered the front splitter to 0 first and tried to lower the rear wing as much as possible but at around wing 4 the car got undrivable ecause of to much aero balance at the front. Basically saying ecause the splitter at 0 still produced to much downforce I couldnt safely reduce my rear wing more. So next step was to even more decreade downforce of the front wing, which I figured out by putting in a "negative rake" into the car. Like literaly my setup runs max front ride height and min rear ride hight. This made the front splitter less effective which allowed me to reduce the rear wing to 2. This was super safe drivable in fast corners while also not notably slow in the slow coners, most important with the right gearing you will hit 355kph in free air.

I guess the next weeks setups will be more interesting because the track also features a lot of downforce dependent corners and a long straight so maybe different setups might work.
Congrats on being the only person to getting a 102 at Le Mans. I was convinced you got to RW=0 in your setup, especially after your qualy on Saturday. Once I realised I needed to raise the front height before the weekend races, I was much more able to match your pace. Unfortunately mistakes and bad luck with traffic cost me a chance for a win on both Saturday and Sunday. I saw in the bottom left of Austin's video his in-game chat were he mentioned some values in the setup, a bit of spygate going on by me there (Link for those who don't know the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrvYyRONY20&t=12s). I was already close to the suspension values, but I tried using his packer and bump stop values mixed to my setup from Saturday. It helped an awful lot, I ended up running RW=0 in qualy (only missed your best qualy time by 0.001 seconds) and RW=1 in the race as I didn't want to overly push my luck and it only reduced my top speed in free air by 1 km/h. It was so stable through the last two turns of the lap (that S thing) that I didn't even need to briefly lift the throttle, where using RW=1 allowed me still go flat out even if I went slightly offline and touched the grass in that part.

These races really made me appreciate how crazy a race at Le Mans is, especially before they put in the chicanes for the modern version. I had an absolute blast in them, except for the parts where I was involved in incidents of course.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mazda 787b 1-hour Daily series (Starting November 16th 2020) - by Donnchadh MacGarry - 12-07-2020, 12:53 PM