Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newby advice on the Skippy, please ;-)
Hello people,

I`m new to online racing and didn´t find the spot to check up on the following questions.
If you could point me in the right direction or leave some answers here i would be gratefull.

What driving aids are allowed inthe Skippy series:
Tyre blankets?
Autoblip/clutch?

And what the .... do you do to keep temperature in the front tyres?
Is there something I missed in the setup or is it shitty driving technique?

In Tor Poznan I can do mid to high 53` with a personal best of 52,3`
At the moment I´m practicing against AI which is quite frustrating, even at 100% strength and 70-100% agression they are quite slow in the corners.
It´s really a fight not to rearend a AIdiot who tries to make lunchbrake in the corner Angry

Every advice appreciated, thanks in advice,

MFG Carsten
to keep the temp on front tires is a mix of both (there are setups you can search on the forum) but its mostly shitty driving technique

this car is a good platform to learn the basis of under/oversteer and weight transfer, but at the same time, if you want to be competetive on an online environment, it doesnt prepare you well for F3 etc... imo
Thank you, Ricardo.

Could you point me in the right direction where to find a Setup for Tor Poznan?
I wasn´t able to locate one Huh

MFG Carsten
There is a setup sub forum here, where you can find some setups. And yes I still have a cold right tire with decent driving. 1.49.2 on Tor Poznan. So it is not all about shitty driving.
(10-25-2020, 06:42 PM)Maurice Klerken Wrote:  There is a setup sub forum here, where you can find some setups. And yes I still have a cold right tire with decent driving. 1.49.2 on Tor Poznan. So it is not all about shitty driving.
Thank you Maurice,

i found that subforum after Ricardos hint.
For Tor Poznan there is only a request for a setup, no answers unfortunately.

MFG Carsten
I´d rather drive a slow car fast   Big Grin
Wink 
So,

I ( and my competitors ;-) ) survived my first online race.
I was very proud that I didn´t earn an "Offroad Award" and had no collisions.

Later at the standings table i found I had three incindents?? WTF??
Can someone point me to the regulations where I can find the definition of an incident?
Till now i don`t know what mistakes I made and how to correct them?
A search didn´t any usable results, so a pointer would be nice.

Thanks 

MFG Carsten
Almost every contact you make (with other drivers, with walls or other things like cones (usually not) counts as an incident
(10-25-2020, 07:08 PM)Carsten Meyer Wrote:  
(10-25-2020, 06:42 PM)Maurice Klerken Wrote:  There is a setup sub forum here, where you can find some setups. And yes I still have a cold right tire with decent driving. 1.49.2 on Tor Poznan. So it is not all about shitty driving.
Thank you Maurice,

i found that subforum after Ricardos hint.
For Tor Poznan there is only a request for a setup, no answers unfortunately.

MFG Carsten

The setups from the other tracks also work on the other tracks.
those cars need no setup, there is almost nothing you can set up in the first place and most changes of these few thing you can change in the setup will make the car very difficult to drive for most if you change them too much and have quite negligible effect on the car speed.
Wink 
Thanks Michael,

I found out about the influence of tyre pressures myself, the pressures from my RL  Car with Semi Slicks don´t work in the slightest  Blush.
But I keep fiddling with the other settings, the f..... plague gives me too much time on my hands anyhow. Confused
Could have had my best race yet, but got crashed out by a spun driver who drove into me when reentering the race. Angry

MFG Carsten