Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qualifications in long tracks
Yesterday, in the De Tomaso series, we raced at Le Mans.  Nothing to say about the race, but i'd like to say something about qualifying.  The lap time was about 3:45, so you could do a maximum of 3 laps.  But the biggest "problem" was the grip, if i recall correctly, at the end of quali it was 97%.  Expecially with this car, it was a very hard challenge, mainly in heavy braking zones.  Many have failed to make a time.  For this reason, at least for long tracks, like Le Mans, Nordschleife and others tracks over 10 km, it would be better to have the grip you have in the race immediately (also starting from 99% would be good).  I know, have the ability to do a lap in these conditions is part of the driver's skill, but not everyone is able to do this.  P.S: I qualified 2nd, I'm not angry, I would prefer to help those drivers who are beginners, or less able to do a good lap in qualifying, when there is only one attempt (in this case, 2 at the most)
I crashed in outlap (looking more to you what happened after loooooong straight) , then made new outlap and only 1 timed lap and few seconds after i crossed finish line Q session ended, not alowing finish just started lap as on all other tracks , this is problem, at nurburgring i know it is OK because wait another 10 or more minutes can be bad but on Le Mans i think can be accepted (same for Monza 66)

the grip is OK for me , is same for all and when i know about it i can live with it
It's always been this way, will most likely, always will be this way. The thing to remember is that the track conditions are the same for everyone. You need to adapt to the conditions.
I like it. It adds an element of tactics to the qualifying. How hard do you push knowing you'll only have one or two laps.
There shouldn't be any tactics during qualifying. You should be posting the best time you can every lap on optimal grip so that the race isn't a bunch of mismatched times and braking zones due to unlucky grid order.

This isn't professional motorsports, this is a bunch of neckbeards driving pretend cars and dealing with questionable collision detection over latent-filled internet tubes. Not to mention it's only 10 minutes (20 minutes for sadists) and you spend the first 1-2 minutes of that in an outlap trying to get separation. On a good day I get a SINGLE good lap due to traffic + grip.

I think Q should be 100% grip from the start, regardless of the track.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz