Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Why aren't there daily Oval races?
Hello everyone, I was wondering why there are no daily Oval series, there are plenty of circuits such as Daytona, Indianapolis, Talladega ... and cars like a great IndyCar or some well made cars. I do not ask anymore to make dirt series, such as Rallycross because the physics of Assetto Corsa are not ready for it, but for Oval they are ready. From this post I would like to call on the SRS organization to look at the possibilities of making such a series.
(09-30-2020, 01:53 PM)Lucas Martínez Wrote:  Hello everyone, I was wondering why there are no daily Oval series, there are plenty of circuits such as Daytona, Indianapolis, Talladega ... and cars like a great IndyCar or some well made cars. I do not ask anymore to make dirt series, such as Rallycross because the physics of Assetto Corsa are not ready for it, but for Oval they are ready. From this post I would like to call on the SRS organization to look at the possibilities of making such a series.
That would be great, I have only done some oval racing against AI so far, but thats just not the same.
(09-30-2020, 08:53 PM)Johannes Kraemer Wrote:  
(09-30-2020, 01:53 PM)Lucas Martínez Wrote:  Hello everyone, I was wondering why there are no daily Oval series, there are plenty of circuits such as Daytona, Indianapolis, Talladega ... and cars like a great IndyCar or some well made cars. I do not ask anymore to make dirt series, such as Rallycross because the physics of Assetto Corsa are not ready for it, but for Oval they are ready. From this post I would like to call on the SRS organization to look at the possibilities of making such a series.
That would be great, I have only done some oval racing against AI so far, but thats just not the same.
I´d definitely be up for it.
It could be in Asseto using the URD Formula Pack that is cheap or the RSS Indy 2020 or Raceroom FormulaUS + Daytona Oval.
Lots of options.
he Indy light car on that URD formula pack is so much fun even against the IA.
Even if we dont get a oficial series we could organize community races to try cars/tracks combos. to see if they really fit.
I'd be willing to try an Oval race. However, I also suspect that one reason why they may not be popular is that it only takes one mistake to run a lot of people's races. And since many of us are not that skilled, "the big one" is likely to happen fairly often. My personal concern would be messing up and causing a massive pile-up.
Assetto corsa its not suit for propper oval racing, no rolling starts, no full track yellows and so on.... Some tracks and cars avaible, but races will be something like road course with only two turns left...
A Slobros server can be made available if someone would like to organize a test oval race. (The rolling start can be used if all agree not to pass until the start finish line on the beginning of the 2nd lap, I think. Rolleyes )  PM if interested.
We did have a season when we had both oval and off-road aces. I can't remember if it was early this year or late last year.

The reason that it might not still be happening is that a total of 97 people took part in the oval season and 31 in the off-road.

I do think though, that when trying these things out we need to have a few seasons to let people get into these new things on SRS.