Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rules and Racetiquette 0.2
(04-12-2021, 09:48 AM)Giovanni Michelini Wrote:  Thank you Gianluca!

[Edit]

Sorry to bother you again and thanks for the link that I read carefully... And now I'm more confused than before! Big Grin

In the "5. Disputed over the apex" section is written that "if the attacker is less than half-way alongside" at the apex the defender as the right for the racing line (image below).

As the blue car, I will leave the space for the red car and not close the door. Instead it is considered a red car fault 

[Image: f1_apex_b.png]

In the section "7. Going around the outside" the rule said that "If the driver on the inside is ahead at corner exit, it is the duty of the driver on the outside to back out or take evasive action to avoid a collision." Again, as the red car, I will not take all the width on the exit, instead it is the blue car that has to slow down because it is not ahead at the apex.

[Image: f1_outside_behind.png]

Last but not least, at the end of the case studies this is defined a "brilliant overtake" but it seems "divebombing" by your previous definition 

link to the video

Am I leaving too much space to opponents or we race differently?

Last but not least, at the end of the case studies this is defined a "brilliant overtake" but it seems "divebombing" by your previous definition -> no, because at the entrance of the corner the cars are flanked. "Divebombing" is disputing the corner when being fully behind at the braking point/corner entrance.
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.
"Divebomb" is essentially attempting an inside overtake through a turn when you do not have significant overlap with the driver you are attacking before they TURN IN. The distinction for turn in versus start of the braking zone means that if you are capable of out breaking someone inside the braking zone in order to get along side before the actual turn in, the attacker technically has a right to the apex and a car's width around it.

But as Tim points out: we are relative newbies for one... and for two, we are contending with Internet connectivity. Attempting to pull off a pass that is "technically" within your rights is typically going to end in a disaster for SRS racers.

I recommend getting clearly along side of other drivers before braking starts so they have an understanding of what is about to happen. And if you aren't along side, get ready to be accused of divebombing if contact occurs.

And finally, the SRS regulations don't go into any of this detail, so basically it's the wild west out there. Good luck!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Yes, Russell's definition is much more precise than mine, including also the wild west Smile
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.
Big Grin thank you Russell