Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Points for the championship
First of all, it's not unfair since its the same for everyone.
Secondly, it effectivly prevents people from entering the same race over and over again until they get their desired result, which is bad since racing should also be about performing when necessary and not about having infinite opportunities to perform.
(09-24-2020, 02:18 PM)Maurice Klerken Wrote:  Hi.

I don't know if this has been discussed before.

When you do up to 5 races, your best result counts. If you do 6 or more, the average off all races will get your score. I think this could be unfair? And also may prevent people from doing a sixth or more race. For example. I got these point results: 95, 84, 90, 61, 62, 90. This averaged to 81.8. If I would not have done that last race, I would have 95 points, correct?

So wouldn't it be better to just count the best result? No matter how many races? This way everybody would keep trying to get a better result, and maybe more people would join a race. Or maybe take the best 3 results and average that. 

What do you all think?
Sorry for what I'm going to say, but the problem you are attacking is solvable with another solution. If you are willing to get the results for a championship, just practice before the race week, get better and then, only go to the race when you are safe to get more points you are able to do. Five races still to much for a week, more would be too boring.
Best wishes.
Eduardo Sá (ºLº)
In the end, the championship points don't matter that much. It's just virtual with no real prize.
But I agree, everybody should practice before the races and join when they are at their best. That's what i do. And doing unlimited races wouldn't be fair to everybody.
But if you havea lot of spare time, you can't do extra races, cause that would hurt your championship standings if your good and you care about it.
But it was just a suggestion.