Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from Bulgaria
Hello fellow racers!
My name is Victor and i'm extremely enthusiastic to be among you. I'm new to racing/simracing. All started with my broken leg 2 months ago when a friend told me to try sim racing while absent from work. It took me 2 days researching the matter and i was sure i want to try it. A week later i got my G29 and started my never-ending journey (now also an addiction). At the time i only had GT sport for my PS4 and one operative leg (my ankle broke and was wearing a bracket). With no experience and no left-foot braking it was extremely difficult at first. Specially after i immediately jumped into 400bhp+ RWD stuff.. I'm 32 years old, so sometimes i can handle myself, took a deep breath and realized i need to start from scratch. I started reasearching which sim would be most appropriate for me. I wasn't particularly happy with GT Sport multiplayer (penalty system) and the unchangeable FOV. I love all vintage, road, GTs and i love modding (also flighsim user for more than 20 years now). Therefore my sim of choice became Assetto Corsa. Spent some time adjusting it to my liking, racing the AI, reading and watching lessons, going to a karting club several times, hotlapping, trying different cars, drifting, racing the AI more... and soon enough found about SRS. Sounds like a dream. So happy to be here! Can't wait to jump into my first race. I'm still investigating how to do it. At first it's very confusing and i want to make sure i'll do it properly. I practicing hard and offline for a race i chose among the daily schedule. Definitely not getting the lap times some of you are but my priorities are safety and consistency at that point. Last thing i wanna do is to waste someone else's race. 
Probably TLDR but as i said, i'm too enthusiastic 
Best Regards, 
Vic
(09-21-2020, 08:14 PM)Wiktor Buczkow Wrote:  Hello fellow racers!
My name is Victor and i'm extremely enthusiastic to be among you. I'm new to racing/simracing. All started with my broken leg 2 months ago when a friend told me to try sim racing while absent from work. It took me 2 days researching the matter and i was sure i want to try it. A week later i got my G29 and started my never-ending journey (now also an addiction). At the time i only had GT sport for my PS4 and one operative leg (my ankle broke and was wearing a bracket). With no experience and no left-foot braking it was extremely difficult at first. Specially after i immediately jumped into 400bhp+ RWD stuff.. I'm 32 years old, so sometimes i can handle myself, took a deep breath and realized i need to start from scratch. I started reasearching which sim would be most appropriate for me. I wasn't particularly happy with GT Sport multiplayer (penalty system) and the unchangeable FOV. I love all vintage, road, GTs and i love modding (also flighsim user for more than 20 years now). Therefore my sim of choice became Assetto Corsa. Spent some time adjusting it to my liking, racing the AI, reading and watching lessons, going to a karting club several times, hotlapping, trying different cars, drifting, racing the AI more... and soon enough found about SRS. Sounds like a dream. So happy to be here! Can't wait to jump into my first race. I'm still investigating how to do it. At first it's very confusing and i want to make sure i'll do it properly. I practicing hard and offline for a race i chose among the daily schedule. Definitely not getting the lap times some of you are but my priorities are safety and consistency at that point. Last thing i wanna do is to waste someone else's race. 
Best Regards, 
Vic
Hi Vic,

Welcome to SRS! It's great to see your excitement and your attitude. I'm sure that you're going to have fun and I'm also sure that you will be fun to race with.

Jason
(09-21-2020, 08:14 PM)Welcome Wiktor,hope you have lots of fun.And yes ,at first it might seem like a big mountain you have to climb,but you will see,after a while it will all fall into place and you\ll be comfortable with it.About the times some of the guys are driving....yeaah that sucks hahahha.I'm not driving those times either so dont worry mate, just hang in there.Cheers,MartijnWiktor Buczkow Wrote:  Hello fellow racers!
Best Regards, 
Vic
Thanks a lot, guys!

I just did my first ever SRS race. It was just 2 of us (probably rating related (amazing!)) but we were racing clean and all the overtakes were clean and respectful. I blundered shorty before the end but didn't give up and now i feel happy. Both because of my first ever race and because of the race itself. The error was on my part and everything before that is worth re-experiencing over and over. Thank you for existing. See you on the track

Best Regards,
Vic
Welcome! Sounds like you've got a great attitute towards sim racing Smile
If there are more than 24 drivers, there will be another server to break up the field. Which server you will be on depends on your rating. The higher your rating, the more likely you'll be put into server 1.
(09-23-2020, 08:52 PM)Alexander Persil Wrote:  Welcome! Sounds like you've got a great attitute towards sim racing Smile
If there are more than 24 drivers, there will be another server to break up the field. Which server you will be on depends on your rating. The higher your rating, the more likely you'll be put into server 1.
Thank you, Alexander Smile

Yes, so i figured later. Yesterday I finally got a grid of 16 cars. It was an experience out of this world. I keep the replay and probably will forever as it was my first "by the book" race. Consistent, clean and not only on my part! At one point we were 3 side-by-side (me in the middle) into a hairpin and still we managed to finish without a scratch. Unbelievable. Wish i knew about all that way before.

Hopefully we'll race someday together,
Best Regards, 
Vic
I'm sure we will Smile See you on the track!