Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Which would be best for SRS open wheel?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Driver inc. rate limit
25.61%
21 25.61%
Driver rating limit
24.39%
20 24.39%
Enforce yellow flags
15.85%
13 15.85%
Pre-qualification races / series
34.15%
28 34.15%
Total 82 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Open wheel racing in SRS
I can agree with harder restrictions on some races.
I'm pretty new to sim racing and racing overall, but I try to be as fair and clean as possible. But in the midfield its really hard to stay away from incidents.
If you have a rule, say you need to have under 1.0 as IR it will take me forever to pass that limit. I'm around 2,4 on IR and made 45 races. That means I need to do a lot of spotless races, even if I will be faster and fight for the top 5 places ther it is easier to avoid incidents it will be hard to reach the limit.
It should be a IR-value that count the average of, for example, the last 50 races so even todays not so good racers have a chance to partipicate those races later on.

But in general it would be a great idea to separate them who aim for really clean races.
Regarding the Incident Average, I think it should be calculated as a running average. Maybe on last X months or last X races...
Well actually I don't know, maybe it is already a runnign average?
dont worry about it too much guys, it only means something when the incident number is very high acros a lot of races. You can have someone with rating 1.5 and other guy with 0.5 and they can be both at the same level and both caused almost no incidents, one of them was just way more unlucky. Sometimes you get many incidents even if you are one of the best, someone that never crashes into anyone (you are p3 in mozna, first braking you get hit from behind, sent into guy infront, that spins you backwards into middle of the corner while hitting another car twice and then 3 or 4 other guys collect you whn they are trying to avoid you in tight space, result is 8 incidents that you could not avoid in any way)and it is kinda impossible to completelly average it out because sometimes shit happens right?Smile So in my eyes this means 0-1 very good driver who is also very lucky, 1-2 very good driver, 2-3 driver who is ok, 3-4 you have some work to do, 4+ you should really think hard about the way you drive
(10-08-2020, 07:02 PM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  So in my eyes this means 0-1 very good driver who is also very lucky, 1-2 very good driver, 2-3 driver who is ok, 3-4 you have some work to do, 4+ you should really think hard about the way you drive

After how many races? Big Grin Because I currently have something like 20 races and my IP average is just above 6, but most of them come from the first 5-6 races. In this week, I've been in very clean races, with drivers who pay attention and care to leave a space, but I ended up with 3-4 IPs because of light side bumps happening during a fair fight for position: those are incidents I would never protest, nor be mad about, and cause no disruption or damage. I'm genuinely curious: after how many races should my IP average be considered a reliable indication of how often I'm involved?
Well lets say 100 races should be reasonable number. Also light side by side bumps are not really fair fight for position, try that in formula cars and you will see it ends pretty badly most of the time Smile Also light bumping someone could easilly mean having him loose in championship to someone who wasnt bumped because he will suffer point reduction. So no contact is the way to go.
(10-09-2020, 01:05 PM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  Well lets say 100 races should be reasonable number. Also light side by side bumps are not really fair fight for position, try that in formula cars and you will see it ends pretty badly most of the time  Smile Also light bumping someone could easilly mean having him loose in championship to someone who wasnt bumped because he will suffer point reduction. So no contact is the way to go.

Eh, I know... but it looks like certain series are more incident-prone than others. Certain cars, maybe? Take the Abarth series, there are very packed races, with a group of maybe 8 drivers in a matter of three seconds, we often race three wide, and slight touches usually mean nothing. I've raced the previous BTCC series on Server 1, and I've had races with lots of close racing and fights that I ended with 0-2 incidents, but in the Abarth series apparently I can't have less than 5 incidents per race.
yeah some series especially those considered beginner series will atract more incidents, but its still way to better to try avoid those, you will earn more points and you will improve your driving skill Smile
(10-11-2020, 07:33 PM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  yeah some series especially those considered beginner series will atract more incidents, but its still way to better to try avoid those, you will earn more points and you will improve your driving skill  Smile

I'm a beginner myself, so that's pretty much where my skill level is Smile Plus, I'm usually busy when the weekly races take place. I may be able to race one every now and then, but I'll have to stay with the daily races for most of my time.
Please Make a series based only on Driver Inc Rating. Because a driver can do a fast Q lap.. does not mean they can handle the car in a full race.

Please Make at least one open wheel series Based on Inc Rating in order to inter the series. The one with Driver Rank,,400.. 600 .. to me does not seem to work out.