Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mega crash - what should I do to avoid an incident point shower?
(09-19-2020, 04:35 PM)Simone Saviolo Wrote:  So, I would rather wish to know: what is the best course of action in case I get involved in a mega crash, or if the race is spoiled by drivers who behave badly? Should I give up the race before I accidentally end up having 20 IPs and a week-long ban? It seems wasteful (and probably against the rules) to leave a race after three turns because a driver stalled on the starting grid and everyone got a handful of free IPs. In case of a mega crash, even if I stay where I am and wait for other drivers to go away, the other drivers could run into me and give me IPs. Do I have a way to know how many IPs / collisions I've already had during the current session?

No there is not way, you can only try to guess it for yourself thinking how many hits you had against other drivers and objects - but it is close to impossible to be accurate of course. Should you give up the race or continue?  Nobody knows, the decision is yours, you actually stated arguments for  and against and there is no way for anyone else to decide, I am afraid.

(09-19-2020, 04:35 PM)Simone Saviolo Wrote:  Also, what is the best practice after a spin? When I find myself stalled in the middle of the track, I usually stay put until approaching drivers have gone past me, then I start to move. Is this correct? Is this what I should expect from other drivers too?
This really depends. If you are staying in the middle of the track, even if not moving, people can still hit you depending on the track configuration, typical speed there, sight distance, and of course their skill. Some will freak out seeing you, hit brakes too hard and spin into you. In online racing you cannot count too much on people being able to do maneuvers off their normal racing line.

You can try to judge how close the incoming cars are and base you action on that. It is easier in VR when you can look sideways or if the game has a track map showing other cars. My preferred strategy is to look for even a small a gap in traffic and if there is one, quickly get off the track onto the grass, there I can turn the car in the right direction, speed up a little while off track, and rejoin more safely. As opposed to turning the car while still on the track, as this more likely to confuse the incoming traffic and cause a crash. Of course if there is no traffic then I do whatever puts me back in action in the least amount of time.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mega crash - what should I do to avoid an incident point shower? - by Pawel Kusmierek - 09-19-2020, 06:08 PM