Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rules and Racetiquette 0.1
I follow up my previous post on rules after checking the long and interesting thread on the theme that Russell Sobie pointed out.
I gathered up, summarized, added some points and discussed them all with my wond'rous fellow racers Omer and Dario; and divided them in Basic Rules and hints (Racetiquette) on how to behave in order to be nice and appreciated from other SRS members Smile 
I copy all that below. Since English is not my native language, please forgive me for possible mistakes or inaccuracies - that can be of course edited and amended later.
In my thought this list should belong to the Admins and to the site. It could be: 
1) Sent via automatic e-mail after registration; 2) Added in the upper bar under Rules. Or, at least, placed as a Non-official handbook in a sticky note/post in the forum. Volunteers may provide translations (I would do in Italian, of course).
Please feel free to comment / edit / add whatever I may have forgotten or misinterpretated. If you don't want to spam the forum, PM would be warmly welcomed. If this raise some interest, I will post updates.
------------------------------------
BASIC RULES

• NEVER drive the wrong way.

• NEVER hit/bump/ram someone on purpose.

• If a BLUE FLAG appears in the upper left corner of the screen, you’re going to be lapped. Never try to fight for keep the place, leave space for the oncoming racer as soon as possible and it is safe to do so and let him pass. Yield the racing line, be predictable (e.g., don't brake while driving on the racing line at the pit straight) and never interfere with the race leaders or faster cars.

• If a YELLOW FLAG appears in the upper left corner of the screen, there is trouble ahead (incidents, one or more cars off the track…). Be careful, pay attention to what’s happening and slow down accordingly if necessary.

• You need to pass at least the rear of the car in front of you on the straight to gain the right to dispute on the braking. Don't try to dispute the place if you’re completely behind, especially entering the corners at high speed (“divebombing”).

• Always leave space for an opponent that is flanking you. Don't cut or push him out of the track.

• Don't make multiple sideways moves to defend your place. You’re only allowed to change racing line once in a straight.

• Incidents after the finish line counts, so stop safely when the race is ended. Slow down gradually, or get out of the track as soon as possible. Do not stop right after the finish line since other racers may be approaching at high speed and hit you.

• On serving penalties, you may slow down standing on the best racing line only if no other racers are approaching, otherwise you have to leave the best racing line to the oncoming racers.

• Get out from the pits safely, checking that no other cars are approaching. Don’t cross the pit lane. Consider installing apps like Car Radar or Helicorsa in order to be always aware of the position of other cars.

• Always give space to others in qualify if you’re not in a hotlap. Do not fight for places, give always space if the oncoming racer is faster. Try instead to slow down in order to have a convenient gap for the upcoming hotlap.

• If you have to leave the race, do not sit down with the car neither on the track nor off the track. Get back to pits instead.

• Check your ping before racing. If it’s over 200, check your connection. Do not race if your ping it’s too high.

• Chatting during the race is forbidden.

RACETIQUETTE

• Apologize with other racers via personal messages if you cause any harm, even if not voluntarily.

• Avoid verbal abuse in public chats. Check the replays before complain.

• Practicing is essential. Do not start a race if you aren’t used/confident with a car and/or a track since major inaccuracies may cause trouble to other drivers.

• If you overtake by hitting another car from behind, it would be appreciable to wait for your opponent and give him back the place if it is safe to do so.

• It's hard to win a race on T1 at the race start, but it is easy to lose it. Be extra careful on T1.
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.
Very useful idea, all the newcomer will appreciate your effort on make it! I hope that this excellent proposal will soon be put to good use, the quality and fun will benefit.
www.4funsimracing.com
Thanks for doing this Gian, it's long overdue.

Only one item I disagree with is your description of qualy rules.

Quote:• Always give space to others in qualify if you’re not in a hotlap. Do not fight for places, give always space if the oncoming racer is faster. Try instead to slow down in order to have a convenient gap for the upcoming hotlap.

In fact slower traffic does not need to yield to faster traffic in qualy. Regardless of each driver's pace, we only need to yield to cars behind if we're on an invalid lap (outlap, off track, cool down lap...) Maybe that's what you meant to say, but it needs to be clear.

It's always the responsibility for the guy behind to make a large enough gap before starting their hot lap so that they aren't blocked by slower traffic who is also qualifying. If they come up on a slower car that's their problem, not the slower driver's problem. The only time to pass in qualy is if the car ahead very obviously moves over to let you pass.

Remember some drivers will slow down to create a gap ahead of them, so if we're behind them we have to go even slower to allow a gap for ourselves.
• If you spun out of the track while in the first laps, or when the traffic is high and somehow you ended up in the road, KEEP YOUR CAR STEADY and wait for the traffic to come out and then rejoin the racing line SAFELY. If you do this, people coming from behind in race speed can predict your position and then try to avoid you .

• Also if you spun out and somehow went OUT OF THE TRACK, try to use the runway areas (not every track has good ones, but some still does) to rejoin the track safely.
(09-18-2020, 07:43 PM)Gianluca Roncaglia Wrote:  • You need to pass at least the rear of the car in front of you on the straight to gain the right to dispute on the braking. Don't try to dispute the place if you’re completely behind, 
That would lead to punishing Daniel Ricciardo  Big Grin
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
Thanks for your feedbacks! Martin, you're absolutely right, it's like you say but I wrote it down incorrectly. Will rephrase it and add Juan considerations too. I'll wait for some other comments, if there are any, and then submit to the Admins.
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.