Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello racers
hello all,
I'm just a Belgian lad in search of some good racing, tired of those public destruction derby lobby's. I've been simracing quite a while now (over 10y with descent wheel) but mainly focused on drifting an free ride at the Nurburgring. So now i'ts time to try some normal racing.
I race motorcycles IRL (since age 12y) so i know how to behave on track, hope make some great racing here.
Gear: Thrustmaster TX with 599xx EVO wheel, T3PApro pedals, TH8 shifter and TTS handbrake, I curently use the Oculus Rift S, but i've ordered the HP Reverb G2 witch should come in soon
Have a nice day, and hope to see u on track Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-11-2020, 05:08 PM)Roelf Doms Wrote:  hello all,
I'm just a Belgian lad in search of some good racing, tired of those public destruction derby lobby's. I've been simracing quite a while now (over 10y with descent wheel) but mainly focused on drifting an free ride at the Nurburgring. So now i'ts time to try some normal racing.
I race motorcycles IRL (since age 12y) so i know how to behave on track, hope make some great racing here.
Gear: Thrustmaster TX with 599xx EVO wheel, T3PApro pedals, TH8 shifter and TTS handbrake, I curently use the Oculus Rift S, but i've ordered the HP Reverb G2 witch should come in soon
Have a nice day, and hope to see u on track Wink
Welcome! I'm sorry to read that you had a bad experience in your first race. I have been here for a couple of months and have found it to be a LOT better than public servers, but there will still be issues. I don't think that many of them are people deliberately being jerks. I think that most of them are due to folks thinking that they in more control than they actually are. I know that is the usual reason for the problems that I cause.

It seems to be very difficult to properly treat the experience as if you were in a real car with your life and the lives of others on the line. And when we see real drivers get heralded as "Last of the late brakers" or "Super Max" we try to emulate that, to the detriment of everyone else. It's great to be as aggressive as Ricciardo or Verstappen if you can control your vehicle like they do.

Keep at it. I would say that I'll see you on track, but if you do it will probably only be in qualy. I'll be one of the guys behind you.
I'll certainly keep racing, going to try to do at least one race a day, and get my rating up a bit Wink