Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First race was a mess...
I'ts getting better, 2 races further now, both at Zandvoort BTCC. Both pole with 2nd driver 2sec slower and race win with 30 sec gap to second position. But most impotantly, no crashfest.
Not really copetitive tough, hope i can join the more experienced lobby's soon.
Now that you have some points in the series it's more likely that you will end up in server 1, though the fact that it is halfway through the series it might take longer.

When the server is working out splits it mostly uses you placing in the series but will also use your ranking to help weight the racers.
You can also try to find less busy races to join so that you're in top split regardless of your points. Zandvoort holds 17 cars so if there's less than 18 drivers you're sure to be in split 1

It's less likely there'll be someone for you to compete against when there are fewer signups, but it shouldn't be any worse than your current experience in splits 3 and 2, plus you'll have the opportunity to gain rating faster.
lots of good advice here. As you get familiar with people who are the same pace as you and in similar events you will build rapport and it becomes really fun.

SRS is very competitive, which is great. I think if more people had the mind set of looking for a clean fun race rather than being a "winner" we all would have more fun. So approach it from that perspective...fun first!
2old4forza,  a sim racing community for members over the age of 25.  
www.youtube.com/2old4forza
(09-13-2020, 10:33 PM)Scott Warner Wrote:  lots of good advice here. As you get familiar with people who are the same pace as you and in similar events you will build rapport and it becomes really fun.

SRS is very competitive, which is great. I think if more people had the mind set of looking for a clean fun race rather than being a "winner" we all would have more fun. So approach it from that perspective...fun first!

I like the way you think, I entirely agree with you.

See y'all on a clean track!
@ Scott Warner:

it really would be nice when more people had this attitude Wink
I did a lot of practice to not spoil somebodys race and got taken out twice already. Angry

So all my incident points where from divebombers and people unsafely reentering after a spin.
I even managed to avoid some crashes by RL evasion techniques.
Damn, thats frustrating.

((Rant over, I feel better now)

See you on track for clean racing  Big Grin

MFG Carsten
I´d rather drive a slow car fast   Big Grin