Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First race was a mess...
Just did my first race, hoping it would be less of a crashfest than public lobby's, but no...
It was the F3 race atNurburgring , during practice i've been hit, qualify 2 times and race countless times. People are NOT checking beside them or using helicorsa, this is BS.... I was not able to see who it was/were, I'm in VR and player labels do not work while in VR for me. If I knew who it was i would report, I give everyone plenty of space but when i've overtaken someone, they would just cut of and crash everyone.
I race motorcyles IRL so i know how to behave on track, this is just people not looking around themselves or respecting the overtake.Petty people who can't stand getting passed, so pathetic...

EDIT: I won my second race (pole aswel) but my stats keep saying 0 wins, how do you exit after a race? do you need to follow a certain procedure?
No idea how good this is as I dont use VR but thought it might help you out bud.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads...-vr.32643/
(09-11-2020, 04:11 PM)Wayne Reed Wrote:  No idea how good this is as I dont use VR but thought it might help you out bud.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads...-vr.32643/
thanks man, i'll try it out
You can find out who was driving in the replay, which you'll need to use to record a video if you want to file a protest anyways.

'Career' wins, top 3 and top 10 only count from server 1. You're more likely to find better drivers there too.
And how do i get to this server 1? or where is it indicated?
If there are too many people signed up to fit on one server, they get moved to servers 2, 3 and 4 as needed.

Your standing in a given series, and your performance rating, determine where you're ranked in the order. You can see your place in the signup list before each event starts. Some tracks only have spots for 17 drivers, some hold up to 23. So for example if you're the 24th guy on the list you'll be on server 2.
Ok, got it, thanks for the intel mate
Yeah, you are going to have the occasional rough race on here. It's not nearly as bad as a public lobby though on average. The Daily Races tend to be not as great as the weekly events, if only because you start seeing the same names in the same cars... so those are at least quite a bit cleaner overall.

But just my advice: take a deep breath after someone does something dumb and borks your race up... then treat it like a more realistic game of Pole Position where you spend the next 18 minutes blowing by people slower than you are in an attempt to get in the top 10. Honestly I think I MIGHT have more fun fighting my way to the top than I do getting a top 3 qualifying and then having the stress of holding onto it for 20 minutes. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I have to say, I always start at the back nowadays as I hated the Russian roulette at the start of the race mid pack.

Now it might be that I don't finish as well placed as I could, but my incident rate is coming down and my results are fairly consistent.

The problem is that there are no real world consequences for bad driving online, unless you happen to get protested against.  In real life racing, if you keep smashing your car up during a race, no matter what result you get, your team will think twice on rehiring you.

Maybe there should be a system that donates money to SRS for every incident you have, I bet the racing would clean up very quickly if that was implemented Big Grin
SRS admin would always choose races at Nordschleife, Monaco or Macau, in a short time he would become the richest person in the world, even richer than Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos lmao