Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Portugal
Hello fellow sim racers!

I'm an experienced sim racer that has been mostly racing against the AI and occasionally online in leagues, with an emphasis in racing etiquette. As of late I've been feeling like racing more casually on demand, instead of following a strict league schedule. I also want to regularly find buddies of similar rating and performance, therefore Sim Racing System seems like the perfect way. The fact that it supports a range of different sims is also appealing to me, being a multi sim kind of player.

My favourite sims are rF2, AMS (soon AMS2 as well), AC, ACC and R3E. I like all sorts of cars, with perhaps a bias towards low powered openwheelers, GT3s, GT4s and club racing cars. I'm not an alien, but I've got enough experience to be able to drive at the top half of the grid in some rF2, AMS, AC and ACC leagues. However what I'm chasing is not so much performance but relaxed and respectful races with online buddies. Smile
(09-10-2020, 01:48 PM)Vasco Costa Wrote:  Hello fellow sim racers!

I'm an experienced sim racer that has been mostly racing against the AI and occasionally online in leagues, with an emphasis in racing etiquette. As of late I've been feeling like racing more casually on demand, instead of following a strict league schedule. I also want to regularly find buddies of similar rating and performance, therefore Sim Racing System seems like the perfect way. The fact that it supports a range of different sims is also appealing to me, being a multi sim kind of player.

My favourite sims are rF2, AMS (soon AMS2 as well), AC, ACC and R3E. I like all sorts of cars, with perhaps a bias towards low powered openwheelers, GT3s, GT4s and club racing cars. I'm not an alien, but I've got enough experience to be able to drive at the top half of the grid in some rF2, AMS, AC and ACC leagues. However what I'm chasing is not so much performance but relaxed and respectful races with online buddies. Smile
Hi Vasco,

Welcome! The AMS2 leagues will definitely give you what you're looking for. The AC lobbies can be good too, though you get a wide range of etiquette there as well just because of the sheer numbers. Usually, it isn't deliberate crashing, but people just losing control and running into each other. That's been my experience (both giving and receiving bumps). 

If you can race in front of the midfield or in the back of the really fast guys you'll have a great experience here. Back of the pack is fun, but a lot more chaotic.

See you on track!

Jason
Thank you Jason!

While I'm waiting before finally shelling out the money on AMS2, I'll go with AC. In fact, I've just had my first race in SRS earlier today (Lotus 3-Eleven at Laguna Seca) and I couldn't be happier. Absolutely zero incidents and a huge fight for P3, with everyone around me being respectful. Like you mentioned, it probably helps that I was racing at the front, but even watching the replay, all I could see was maybe a couple of very slight bumps (caused by loss of control) without any impact on the racing. It felt like a real race, so I'm pretty excited and feeling like recommending SRS to friends.