Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of things I noted
Howdy all,

First of all I just want to say how fantastic it is for this app to make its way to AMS2. I've been loving the feel of this game since it launched, and it's only improved over time - and now I get to enjoy it with you amazing people, so real big props for that!

I drive in VR, and the app instructions were really easy to follow. The only issue I would say could arise is knowing which server you are in before launching the app, as you need to set different launch options depending on the server (I'm sure this is being worked on though, so I've left this out of the notes).

My first note was that the first driver in the lobby is able to launch the session into quali. Even if not everyone is in, even if they are the only one in. Luckily, in the GT5 race, nobody launched the game or "voted to start" early, so this wasn't an issue for us, but I could see that coming up in future. I don't know how much control the guys at SRS have over this problem, but if you guys decide you want to race in AMS2 please be aware of this.

Secondly, the severity of penalties seemed very high. I know, I know - I should just "git gud" and "lern 2 drive betterer" - but I went off track a couple of times around Brands Hatch, losing me a lot of time, and I was issued with immediate slow downs when I made it back to the track safely. This might take a bit of poking around in the rules and regs settings of the server, but would really like to see a bit more leniency on this end, as you lose so much time being off track in AMS2 anyway.

Finally, and more generally than AMS2 - I now have so many SRS apps it's hard to keep track. Is there anyway we could see a unified launcher for all of the apps at some point? One that would detect sims installed, show us the races we are eligible for, and link us to the forum posts showing us how to join in different sims? This is clearly not AMS2 related, but thought I'd throw it in.

Thank you for your time - and see you on track Smile
(06-12-2020, 09:40 AM)Christopher Fox Wrote:  I drive in VR, and the app instructions were really easy to follow. The only issue I would say could arise is knowing which server you are in before launching the app, as you need to set different launch options depending on the server (I'm sure this is being worked on though, so I've left this out of the notes).

It will depend on what Reiza can do for us. The relationship is good but I doubt they will have the time to deal with anything outside their schedule in the next months.

(06-12-2020, 09:40 AM)Christopher Fox Wrote:  My first note was that the first driver in the lobby is able to launch the session into quali. Even if not everyone is in, even if they are the only one in. Luckily, in the GT5 race, nobody launched the game or "voted to start" early, so this wasn't an issue for us, but I could see that coming up in future. I don't know how much control the guys at SRS have over this problem, but if you guys decide you want to race in AMS2 please be aware of this.
Not different from AC where the session starts as soon as the first driver gets in. Actually, people should start as soon as they get in the lobby to ensure the schedule is done as suposed to. Qualy has 2 more minutes to compensate the fact that you don't have practice (sessions with less than 3 or 5 minutes don't allow you to get in).

(06-12-2020, 09:40 AM)Christopher Fox Wrote:  Secondly, the severity of penalties seemed very high. I know, I know - I should just "git gud" and "lern 2 drive betterer" - but I went off track a couple of times around Brands Hatch, losing me a lot of time, and I was issued with immediate slow downs when I made it back to the track safely. This might take a bit of poking around in the rules and regs settings of the server, but would really like to see a bit more leniency on this end, as you lose so much time being off track in AMS2 anyway.
It is working as it should be.

(06-12-2020, 09:40 AM)Christopher Fox Wrote:  Finally, and more generally than AMS2 - I now have so many SRS apps it's hard to keep track. Is there anyway we could see a unified launcher for all of the apps at some point? One that would detect sims installed, show us the races we are eligible for, and link us to the forum posts showing us how to join in different sims? This is clearly not AMS2 related, but thought I'd throw it in.
Not planned at the moment
Thanks for the response! I thought the last one was a little bit of a long-shot, and it is good to hear you have a good relationship with Reiza. Would you be able to expand on the rules and regulations a bit more? Exactly what would earn a penalty and how long the slow downs are? This is not visible in VR for the game is all.
[quote pid='39134' dateline='1591957794']
I just tried the 10:30 (GMT) race at Donington with the Formula Trainer just there and I have two things to say at the moment which I suppose I'll write here. The first is a minor issue and the other is a bit more important.

Unfortunately I accidentally pressed the Exit button at the end of qualifying and left the lobby. I incorrectly assumed in the moment that it meant exit back to the pits, or something like that. That's my fault for not pausing to think and being more patient (you can point and laugh at me if you want). More importantly however, when I tried to rejoin I was only allowed to spectate since the race part of the session had just started. Note that the lights hadn't gone green yet when I got back in, it was in the minute waiting period before hand. So if you unintentionally disconnect from a race, say because your internet cut out momentarily for only a few seconds, then you can't rejoin the race lobby on AMS 2, unlike with Assetto Corsa where you can rejoin the race. I know if you disconnect like that in the middle of the that you would have no chance in winning the race as you'd loose so much time. But if in a similar scenario to my case, you dropped out in qualifying but could rejoin just before the race is about to begin, well you can't with AMS 2. Or in another scenario, say you hadn't done two laps of the race yet and you disconnect, then you can't rejoin to get your two laps done to avoid taking a penalty to your rankings on SRS (at least that's how I understand it works here).  Don't get me wrong, I'm not annoyed at it happening to me here, since the disconnect was my fault to begin with. I'm more just highlighting this as a difference to how Assetto Corsa handles the lobby. I assume this is by design by the developers of Automobolista 2 and not by not by SRS's settings.

Another point that's much more concerning, during qualifying I had started my last lap about 10 seconds before the end of session timer. The game said I had 150 seconds to complete a lap. I was on pace to do my fastest lap at about 1 minute 40 seconds (so 100 seconds), which is well below the time frame given. However just as I was approaching the last corner, the game took control away from me and ended the qualifying session prematurely so I couldn't complete the lap, even though the timer was showing I still had plenty of time to finish the lap. This in my opinion dramatically effects qualifying as most often people do their best time on the final lap as the fuel tank is at its lightest, tyres are at the correct temperature (the session had no tyre blankets so you had to heat the tyres) and the track is at its grippiest (if there is progressive grip on the track, not sure in this case if there was). I'm not sure if this was a bug with AMS 2 or something in the lobby setting that caused the qualifying to end early, but I think this needs to be looked at.

Anyway, I'm really happy to see AMS 2 up here and definitely want to try out more races, as having something like SRS lobbies gives me great incentive to play that sim more. So I want to end on a positive note and say many thanks for setting it up. Hopefully my next few races will go better.

[/quote]
Someone can help me with this? Smile

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]
is the steamid64 number correct?
(08-30-2020, 07:28 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  is the steamid64 number correct?
Yep, the steamID was incorrect, thanks buddy!! Smile