Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New series DRS
(08-24-2020, 12:17 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  No DRS on tracks that dont have defined DRS zones

Is there something stopping people from using DRS? Seems like everyone except p2 and p3 (who started this thread) were using DRS through the whole track.
I and my brother (Luiz Azevedo) just raced the first Watkins Glen race and we used the DRS throughout the whole race. We are new to SRS and we were not aware of this thread before and there was no explicit rule on this, so apologies if the DRS use was not allowed.

So, as DRS is actionable everywhere on the track, what is the correct behaviour to take to the race? Is it allowed or not?
(08-24-2020, 12:17 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  No DRS on tracks that dont have defined DRS zones
Hello, I just participated in the first race on Watkins Glen in the RSS F3.  The track does not have defined DRS zones but DRS was still enabled.  It seems that DRS is still active, does this mean its legal to use it?  I would hate to get in trouble for using it if we aren't supposed to be.  If we are not allowed to use DRS how will it be regulated?  Unless I am told otherwise I will use DRS in the following races because it appears just about everyone but my friend and I using DRS during the race and it left us at a significant disadvantage and I would like to have a chance to compete this week.
I guess they simply forgot to deactivate it for this week. They will probably deactivate it as soon as they notice. This happened before.

I always use DRS when it's available.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(09-14-2020, 03:16 AM)Fabiano Azevedo Wrote:  I and my brother (Luiz Azevedo) just raced the first Watkins Glen race and we used the DRS throughout the whole race. We are new to SRS and we were not aware of this thread before and there was no explicit rule on this, so apologies if the DRS use was not allowed.

So, as DRS is actionable everywhere on the track, what is the correct behaviour to take to the race? Is it allowed or not?
I think we should continue to use DRS until it is disabled, I don't think you will be punished for using it as this thread is difficult to find and people who haven't seen this will use DRS so people who don't use it will be at a significant disadvantage.
it should be disabled now
(09-14-2020, 06:02 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  it should be disabled now
Thanks, it is disabled now.