Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Day Eh! from Ottawa, Ontario
Hi all,

Just popped in to say hello from Canada's capital! I've built a PC just a few weeks ago to transition from the console world (primarily Project Cars 2), and boy is Assetto Corsa a learning curve!

I've ventured into a couple SRS events already but have mainly been racing in private lobbies as I adjust to AC.

One question I have is with respect to my country flag when I register for SRS events, it keeps displaying the Afghanistan flag even though I selected Canada in my User CP. Is there something I'm missing? 

Cheers, 

Kevin
Welcome!
Add a post in this link (it seems to be a common thing...):

https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthre...6#pid40876

There are some practice servers that have the current weeks races set up.
Search the online servers for "slobros" and "gt panama"
Good luck and see you out there!
Thanks Rob. Your link didn't work but I managed to find the thread regarding the issue.
It might be you don't have either the car or track updated.
Look on the RACE page and click "Downloads required" to check if you have an outdated version of what you're using.
Things update fairly regularly and Henrique, the admin, announces it in the forum.
Try that...
Welcome Kevin!

I'm pretty sure that we raced PC2 on XBox a couple of years ago. I use the term "raced" loosely since I was the guy in the back, but your name looks familiar. I was probably EdmondDantes45 (or Scraptacular73).

I've only been on SRS for about a month, but I can tell you that so far I have had a great experience. The most amazing thing to me is that when someone spins off the track he waits for traffic to go by before rejoining. That's a little different than console world. It's a welcome change.

Of course, punting does happen sometimes, but it's usually a genuine error rather than anyone being malicious or stupid. 

I think that you'll have a great time here once you get all your stuff installed. Be sure to spend a few bucks on Content Manager. It really makes your AC life a LOT easier.

Jason
(08-18-2020, 11:59 PM)Rob Russo Wrote:  It might be you don't have either the car or track updated.
Look on the RACE page and click "Downloads required" to check if you have an outdated version of what you're using.
Things update fairly regularly and Henrique, the admin, announces it in the forum.
Try that...
Thanks for the suggestion Rob, but that doesn't appear to have been the issue because it has been resolved since I posted on the appropriate thread. 
(08-19-2020, 02:02 AM)Jason Chamberlain Wrote:  Welcome Kevin!

I'm pretty sure that we raced PC2 on XBox a couple of years ago. I use the term "raced" loosely since I was the guy in the back, but your name looks familiar. I was probably EdmondDantes45 (or Scraptacular73).

I've only been on SRS for about a month, but I can tell you that so far I have had a great experience. The most amazing thing to me is that when someone spins off the track he waits for traffic to go by before rejoining. That's a little different than console world. It's a welcome change.

Of course, punting does happen sometimes, but it's usually a genuine error rather than anyone being malicious or stupid. 

I think that you'll have a great time here once you get all your stuff installed. Be sure to spend a few bucks on Content Manager. It really makes your AC life a LOT easier.

Jason

And you are correct Jason, we did race some on Xbox PC2. We likely ran a few races together before those on 2Old4Forza abandoned the console for PC (at least those already moved on from Forza). The amount of content available for AC is mind blowing and well worth the investment to switch, even if I am having a difficult time adjusting. And the boys at 2Old4Forza got me all setup rather quickly with Content Manager, recommend mods, etc. I'd be completely lost playing the vanilla version of the game all on my lonesome and likely regretting my decision to go PC if it weren't for them pointing me in the right direction.
(08-20-2020, 07:41 PM)Kevin Woodward Wrote:  
(08-18-2020, 11:59 PM)Rob Russo Wrote:  It might be you don't have either the car or track updated.
Try that...
Thanks for the suggestion Rob, but that doesn't appear to have been the issue because it has been resolved since I posted on the appropriate thread. 
I mis-read that you couldn't get on the server instead of the link for your flag (which didn't copy/paste correctly).
Glad you got it sorted! Shy