Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steering lock problem
Bug 
Hello,
suddenly my wheel's steering angle is not in sync with the game but only when I join SRS servers. Works fine in single player and online.
Basically in SRS my car's virtual wheel turns half of what the actual input is (eg. I turn the wheel 180°, the car turns 90°). And it's not just visual, I cannot get to full lock in game.
(08-18-2020, 06:44 PM)Roman Smirnov Wrote:  Hello,
suddenly my wheel's steering angle is not in sync with the game but only when I join SRS servers. Works fine in single player and online.
Basically in SRS my car's virtual wheel turns half of what the actual input is (eg. I turn the wheel 180°, the car turns 90°). And it's not just visual, I cannot get to full lock in game.
I thought it was just me! I have the same problem. I can do hotlaps in the Minis on my own and the wheel behaves as I expect, but when I get into the race I find that I have to do about twice as much turning.
(08-19-2020, 02:03 AM)Jason Chamberlain Wrote:  I thought it was just me! I have the same problem. I can do hotlaps in the Minis on my own and the wheel behaves as I expect, but when I get into the race I find that I have to do about twice as much turning.
I think I solved it by accident. Try making the degrees value in game settings higher than that in your wheel setup. If you have 360° steer lock on your actual wheel, then in game settings set the angle to anything bigger than that (450 worked for me).

Confirmed
For me the problem is still there. Whatever setup I choose in Content Manager, as soon as I join SRS server, it defaults to some other setup.
The only real solution is to join SRS through official AC launcher...
Any updates on how to fix this? Just had this issue in a race and it completely put me off and ended up loosing. Anyway to report this "bug"?
Having same issue here.
Had the same issue and the solution was to join the server manually. This is also a workaround for "missing file" error.