Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMS 2 Formula Trainer car?
Nice race guys, very good that everyone finished. I think that's the first time I've ever been in an online race in any game where no one quit.

I'm pretty frustrated by the incidents. I had a single spin on the last corner of the last lap, my fault. But the game has given we three incidents which is enough to lose the championship lead.

The SRS system makes sense but the AMS2 data feeding into it is ruining the overall experience.
_____
AMS2 Sprint Race Champion 2020
(08-20-2020, 12:19 AM)Michael Laws Wrote:  Nice race guys, very good that everyone finished. I think that's the first time I've ever been in an online race in any game where no one quit.

I'm pretty frustrated by the incidents. I had a single spin on the last corner of the last lap, my fault. But the game has given we three incidents which is enough to lose the championship lead.

The SRS system makes sense but the AMS2 data feeding into it is ruining the overall experience.
I don't understand how that all works either. I suspect that you'll still win the championship anyway, but it does seem a little strange.

I agree on the race with nobody quitting. It's a shame that all 10 registered drivers didn't come, but I am glad that everyone stuck around. Vitor Arbex had some really bad luck with the way the game assigned penalties, and I appreciate him sticking around to the end (and being courteous with the blue flag).

I really hope that we get some momentum going with AMS2. I enjoy the platform so far, but then again, I haven't received any weird penalties either.
The newest update has changed the handling of the car quite a bit in my opinion.
Previously, I found myself softening the rear to limit oversteer on turn in, now the car really wants to understeer and I'm finding the need to stiffen everything back up to try and get the car rotated.
Feels completely different and I'm keen to hear others' opinions.

In regards to the track, there is a nasty bump on T2 transitioning between the two versions of the circuit. The second last corner was really tricky before, but seems easier now (at least in terms of not crashing).
_____
I will be traveling tomorrow and I won't be able to participate in the next race, so good luck guys and I hope new people join the series.

I was testing the car in Goaiana Short and I have to say that this car now is a blast to drive (at least for me). I no longer feel that it will instanstly spin if I overdrive it. Now I am really looking fordward to come back from my holidays just to continue driving it.
Unfortunately I won't be able to race this time either as I've had to send the wheel back for warrantee work.
Sorry you guys can't make it. All the names are new to me. Hopefully we will still have the same level of camaraderie and respect. Then when you guys return a bigger field.
_____
Don't make it to big or I won't stand a chance Big Grin
We're looking sparse again for the next race. Hopefully some more trickle in soon.
_____
Sorry Jason if it was my fault the incident in the first corner. Initially I though it was my fault because I totally forgot that crew chief spotter sometimes fails at the beggining of the race and I was unaware that you were there. But after watching the replay it seems that I was running out of track in the outside and didn't really have any other option, so who knows. For some reason this wasn't counted as an incident by the end of the race.

Aside from the first corner, I had a good rest of the race, which I decided to drive conservatively because I didn't see myself with the pace to caught the guys at the front.
Next week race looks fun as well. Suzuka east looks like a very fast track. The only issue is that is very easy to bin it with any mistake. There are some areas where getting off track is enough to damage the car suspension.

Let's hope more people keep participating in this series.