Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Automobilista 2 series starting August 12!
(08-09-2020, 09:58 PM)Vitor Arbex Wrote:  
(08-09-2020, 09:46 PM)Jason Chamberlain Wrote:  I may be reading it wrong, but it looks like the countdown is correct for both series, but the dates listed in the schedule are a day early. I write this on Sunday evening, at 1745 EDT and the countdown to the first race is 3 days, 1 hour. But if I look at the schedule, it has the first race on 11-August. 

I really hope that the countdown is correct as well as the graphic above because then I can participate in both series. 

Please do correct me if I'm reading this wrong. I only noticed because I was putting it on my calendar and went with what I saw in the schedule.

Thanks!
I also noticed that problem last series, the count down was correct back then.
Thanks Vitor. Although after trying the Formula Trainer on Brands Hatch Indy I'm not sure that it's so great that I'll be able to participate...
you need to set your timezone in order to see the correct hour
https://www.simracingsystem.com/usercp.p...on=options
(08-10-2020, 10:24 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  you need to set your timezone in order to see the correct hour
https://www.simracingsystem.com/usercp.p...on=options
Thanks for the response. I have my timezone set so that the time is correct, but they appear a day early in the schedule.
What 'schedule'?
Sorry, I should have written "calendar." I attached a screenshot. At any rate, the calendar for the event indicates Tuesdays (11-Aug, 18-Aug, etc.)  The countdown indicates that this will happen on 12-Aug at 23:30 GMT as expected. I got this by clicking the white rectangle on the upper-right of the event listing.

Thanks for your response.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-09-2020, 10:25 PM)Jason Chamberlain Wrote:  
(08-09-2020, 09:46 PM)Jason Chamberlain Wrote:  I may be reading it wrong, but it looks like the countdown is correct for both series, but the dates listed in the schedule are a day early. I write this on Sunday evening, at 1745 EDT and the countdown to the first race is 3 days, 1 hour. But if I look at the schedule, it has the first race on 11-August. 

I really hope that the countdown is correct as well as the graphic above because then I can participate in both series. 

Please do correct me if I'm reading this wrong. I only noticed because I was putting it on my calendar and went with what I saw in the schedule.

Thanks!
Thanks Vitor. Although after trying the Formula Trainer on Brands Hatch Indy I'm not sure that it's so great that I'll be able to participate...
Give it another go, Softer rear Anti-Roll bar and a little softer rear springs and its really a joy to drive. Slow, but fun. I´m probably be online today around same time series run if you wanna race with me, maybe a friend plus AI field send me a pm.
I get the 12-Aug, but actually the race would be on 13-Aug for me (01:30pm in my timezone)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(08-10-2020, 06:00 PM)Jason Chamberlain Wrote:  Sorry, I should have written "calendar." I attached a screenshot. At any rate, the calendar for the event indicates Tuesdays (11-Aug, 18-Aug, etc.)  The countdown indicates that this will happen on 12-Aug at 23:30 GMT as expected. I got this by clicking the white rectangle on the upper-right of the event listing.

Thanks for your response.
I have the exact same issue with the calendar dates one day behind. and all series have that problem. Almost missed the Renault RS01 Americas event last week because of it.
(08-11-2020, 12:15 PM)Vitor Arbex Wrote:  
(08-09-2020, 10:25 PM)Jason Chamberlain Wrote:  

Thanks!
Give it another go, Softer rear Anti-Roll bar and a little softer rear springs and its really a joy to drive. Slow, but fun. I´m probably be online today around same time series run if you wanna race with me, maybe a friend plus AI field send me a pm.

I also discarded it initially, but decided to give it an opportunity yesterday, and now I am convinced to also join that series (although I will be unable to attend to the third race because I will be on vacation). Main issue with this car in Brands Hatch Indy is trying to take the corners like you would do with faster cars with more aero, but with a little bit of practice now I have the patience to slow it down enough.
Thanks for the tips, guys. I have done a fair amount of tweaking, including trying some ghost setups. I can do a decent hotlap, but I will need to slow it down considerably for the race as I don't trust myself not to spin out and take a bunch of people out. In my current setup, I've lowered the brake pressure to 80% and I've reduced the rear ARB and raised the front ARB as well as softening the springs. But I did it on both, so I will try just loosening the rears. 

What gets me is how the rear will just take off. I also notice that you have to be really careful about the downshifts as well. 

Of course, who knows what it will be like after today's update? That's an interesting wrinkle in the prep. Either way, I'm looking forward to this and the Ginetta series.