Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions
Question 
Hi All,
I'm relatively new to simracing, AC in particular (some experience on the 90s with GP and IndyCarRacing... but it was another era).
I'm trying to improve looking at the best drivers and I'm here to ask you some tips.
At the moment I'm racing the Cupra Cup and I'll be very grateful if someone can watch one of my last race here 
https://youtu.be/gGvNXEqBawM
and can point out mistakes or suggestion to gain on lap time.
Thank you!
Hi Davide,
I'm neither an alien nor an astronaut, but for what it's worth I don't see anything particularly wrong in your racing lines and in your gear shifts. (Only doubtful with the Schumacher S in 6th gear and the final chicane in 5th, personally I'm one gear down.). Try also to use the width of the track as much as possible, otherwise it's easy to get understeer in cornering.
I would suggest to use trailbraking whenerver possible - that means, do not completely lift off the throttle when braking - in order to keep the speed up and have a better line on exiting corners.
Moreover, are you using the default setup? I would suggest at least to lower aero to 0 and work on your brake bias/brake force. Try to find your sweet spot between low BB percentage and stability of the car. In this track I would keep the BB over 70.
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.
(03-17-2021, 04:54 PM)Gianluca Roncaglia Wrote:  Hi Davide,
I'm neither an alien nor an astronaut, but for what it's worth I don't see anything particularly wrong in your racing lines and in your gear shifts. (Only doubtful with the Schumacher S in 6th gear and the final chicane in 5th, personally I'm one gear down.). Try also to use the width of the track as much as possible, otherwise it's easy to get understeer in cornering.
5th in the Schumacher: You are right, I can reach near 6k rpm before the next turn!
4th in the final chicane: I'm not sure. I tend to brake too much. I need to try again.

(03-17-2021, 04:54 PM)Gianluca Roncaglia Wrote:  I would suggest to use trailbraking whenerver possible - that means, do not completely lift off the throttle when braking - in order to keep the speed up and have a better line on exiting corners.

That's a good thing actually! I was thinking to trail brake only with the brake, but I feel that using brake and throttle at the same time keeps the car more balanced and helps a lot avoiding understeer

(03-17-2021, 04:54 PM)Gianluca Roncaglia Wrote:  Moreover, are you using the default setup? I would suggest at least to lower aero to 0 and work on your brake bias/brake force. Try to find your sweet spot between low BB percentage and stability of the car. In this track I would keep the BB over 70.

Wing already 0 (difficult to say a track where it should be more than 0...)
BB 72 ... should I try to keep it as much low as possible without let the rear blocking and the car spinning? Even if the CrewChief continue to say I'm blocking the rear?
So it's better to keep the front grip to not understeer and sacrifice rear stability?

Does the bumper settings helps somehow? Is there some App that helps setting up bumpers?

Thank you for helpful suggestions!