Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Toronto!
Hello all in the SRS universe, I've just set up my 1st gaming PC and bought AC and ACC in the Steam sale.
Looking forward to racing against other "Captain Slow" drivers like myself!
Any pointers for a good starter series in AC much appreciated.
My advise, don't try and race a car and/or a track if you can't get around the track, without spinning or crashing yourself out, or more importantly, crashing into other drivers. Be safe first, then get faster.
Hey, welcome! I'd just start off with a series with a slower car like the Mini for example atm, practice yourself offline until you learn the track and car and then join the race! Don't forget to have fun! I myself bottle it on the first lap every race, but I still have fun. Don't take it too serious and don't crash into anyone! Big Grin
Start with races that have low attendance (6 to 20 drivers) until you feel comfortable with the car, track, and software. It'll give you the space to learn not only your own abilities but the behaviour of others and how the system works.
It'll also keep you out of lower splits so you'll gain rating faster, which in turn can help keep you in the top splits later, when you sign up for a popular race.
That means doing the daily series as the weekly series tend to be packed, but dailies can be pretty available especially in the evening. All 3 daily series are good for different reasons. The Praga might be a little tricky to drive but it is a fixed setup series, if that's something you struggle with.
Remember incidents count against your score and they cost 3 points, whereas a position only gains you 1-2 points. So if you're fighting for position but can't make a clean pass, you're better off holding position
If you don't have either the Car Radar or Helicorsa app, get one.
Tons of other usefull apps out there too but those are pretty critical for clean racing.
Thank you the pointers, all much appreciated!
1 more thing, what file format do I need to upload an avatar pic?
(07-16-2020, 06:25 PM)Charlie Barnard Wrote:  Thank you the pointers, all much appreciated!
1 more thing, what file format do I need to upload an avatar pic?
Any JPEG or PNG or Bitmap will work I think, just has to be 100x100 and less than 25kb IIRC, You can do that just by resizing in Ps or Paint or whatever Smile.