Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Formula 1991
Go slower, or exit more straight Smile
Haha thanks for the tip Wink But you guys notice the same or is it just my weird driving?
No, it's not just you. Those base setups are pretty much undrivable. I already created a thread in the setup forum.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Smile most of those cars tend to oversteer midcorner even in low speeds when you turn a little too much, i would say too much grip on the front, so maybe lowering camber at front or stifening the front rolbar might help but that will affect the car in all corners. So the better choice for me seems having the steering more straight and do the turning with throttle which is easilly doable, i can say that that iam drifting trough all these corners a lot and its controlable.
I usually do that as well bit with those cars' base setup there is just no way to control it once you lose the rear, in my opinion
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
well, doing pitstop was pretty stupid idea lol Smile lost so much time that it was not even close to what i gained with lighter car and the tyre could obviously do the whole race
Michal I think you only had some issues in the second stint. I think you would've chased me down for 3rd place Smile

Well, Ethan and Dominic certainly with some blistering pace in the championship, together with Michal! I thought during the race "here comes one of those seasons where I really have to struggle to even get on the podium" Smile So I'm pretty happy with this one! The engine and gearbox survived, my shifter too, but steering wheel might need some additional cooling Smile Decided to run not stopping since the C tires could take it on this slow track, as I thought. But the pace difference is quite big in the beginning and only later in the run you get faster and faster as the fuel load lightens. So I needed to nail the setup with this one. When I tested offline I was able to nail the setup with more downforce and get into 15s laps in the late run. But now for the race I made the setup with low downforce which turned out too loose in the later run, so I had to drive even more carefully. Lower downforce and funny gearbox helped a bit with straightline speed to resist attacks from Simon Speth hahah
i stopped pushing too hard when it became obvious that i will not catch you unless you tires start to go, i was really expecting your tyre to die, every lap i thought now it must start, but it did not happen Smile And then i got crashed a bit and sent to wall as a result of that (damaged front, rear, and side also), after that the car just sucked so there was zero point to try anything anymore Smile
Vettel couldn't have messed up the first two laps any worse than I did Big Grin

I had a very good run on Filip at the backstraight in L1 but decided not to go for it because I thought he was faster than me anyways and I didn't want to risk anything with a full tank. Simon made use of that and overtook me. Baffled by that I made one tiny mistake after the other and so also Jim C Russel overtook me.

I was about 3 seconds behind Filip, Simon and Jim after I got my head together again in L3 and caught up pretty quick which made me regret not overtaking Filip even more. I could have really gained a lot of ground with Filip holding up Simon and Jim with his full tank, damnit.

But that chase for 4th place was exactly what I was hoping for the race to be like. Was a real pleasure racing with you guys.

At about half distance I messed up T1 though and was out of that chase. Recollected myself again after pitting and put in some decent laps but couldn't catch up again.

– 

and good idea reducing the rating limit to 400, it excluded a couple of good guys like Marco Köhler
i have to say that i do not really understand why there was so few people, these car are pretty fun