Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oval and off road series
Hi everybody, I'm a new user (since 6/7 weeks) and I'm wondering why currently there are not oval and off road series.
Somebody knows why?
SRS since May 2020

RSS F3 V6 (10.2020) - 23th
Mini JCW Challenge (08.2020) - 17th
Dallara F3 (06.2020) - 39th
(07-09-2020, 01:11 PM)Alessandro Ferraro Wrote:  Hi everybody, I'm a new user (since 6/7 weeks) and I'm wondering why currently there are not oval and off road series.
Somebody knows why?
Hi, I'm also new and wondering the same. I'm assuming they only do them in certain times of the year, people have ratings for them both so they must have held oval and off road at some point this year. They new series are coming out soon, most of the current ones (BMW, audi tt) are on their last races. Maybe we will see a few then.
In all my time at SRS (3 or 4 years) there was one oval series and not a single offroad series.

I believe the offroad series are just an idea (?) and the oval races probably didn't have enough participants.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I belive the last season had some oval and offrad tester sessions.

I don't know why thay did not continue. It might be a lack of interest but if so I do think we need more than one season to enable these things to build up.
We tried an oval series and an offroad (rallycross) series in Project CARS 2. Attendance was so low that none of the races went official. Some of the oval races are listed under "AI Standings" because they were a handful of players against a field of AI cars.

If we want these categories to succeed then we have to show up when they're available. Big Grin

That said, I have been investigating some of the ovals that are available for AC on RaceDepartment and elsewhere... Suggestions welcome.
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
I think that these races in Assetto Corsa will be more attended because more players on this game. I see that Indy is on assettocorsa.club
SRS since May 2020

RSS F3 V6 (10.2020) - 23th
Mini JCW Challenge (08.2020) - 17th
Dallara F3 (06.2020) - 39th
(07-11-2020, 07:52 AM)Alessandro Ferraro Wrote:  I think that these races in Assetto Corsa will be more attended because more players on this game. I see that Indy is on assettocorsa.club
I agree in assetto corsa probably more people would join, I've always been intrigued to race oval online.