Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The case for Monza in Internet Sim Racing
In real life there are consequences for driving badly. If we look beyond the physical danger, which nowadays is much diminished, you will find your self with out a drive if you keep crashing or make no improvements.

Here or SRS, unless you make a deliberate bad move you are unlikely to get banned.

Also there is no incentive to get better. Again in real life the better you get the more you can demand from your team. Since the dropping of restricted races, races where you need a minimum rating to join, why should people try and improve. I've even seen people comment that the rating and incident points are just internet numbers and mean nothing so should be ignored. My self I monitor my rating and incident points and I also set myself goals, like geting a higher rating than the next person with the same nationality.

I think removing tracks or cars because they are hard to race is a bad idea, you need to take it in to consideration when you race. In the last F40 race at Redbull ring, I was aware that people were likely to spin accelerating out of the hairpin, so always gave myself space to avoid them if they did and gained a number of places like that while also avoiding incidents.

Some of the hardest cars and tracks are the most fun to race. Maybe they should have a minimum rating to participate, but even that wont stop all the silly incidents that we see, just refer to the video link Jorge posted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The case for Monza in Internet Sim Racing - by Tim Cullingworth - 07-02-2020, 11:11 AM