Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The case for Monza in Internet Sim Racing
The "Turn 1 incident" term comes from real racing. I think the biggest problem arises because of the penalty system, that is safety rating and points deducted, regardless of whose fault it was. But that's a good point that not everyone has thought it through deep enough, Sobie. There are new people to SRS every season and every week it seems. There are people who don't have that much practice in simracing, let alone online races under their belt, and maybe Monza specifically. However, there's a reason why Monza and Spa are some of the most popular races in online lobbies. There's a learning curve and it's inevitable. Also, there's both eagerness and jitters not only at race start. Some people are anxious just because there's other people they're on the server with. Since it's not likely that you can reach specifically those people here on the forums about this subject, best anyone that cares can do is write something like "Take it easy in T1" in chat before the start. I'm sure you already do that. But everyone is here to race most importantly.

Of course, the worst situation is being in the mid-pack. Now, I'm writing something obvious and pointless for most of the guys here probably: You can't hope to pull away safely from mid-pack because of cars in front, and you can't just ease off and watch how everything develops because of cars behind. There's not much you can do from there, except make a good start and choose a line if you can and on time. Just to make yourself predictable to others so that they can react and calculate what to do. You can tap the brake lightly before actually braking to turn on the tail lights and signal the guy behind. If you brake too late, you risk taking out someone in front. Get off too slow, and you're risking yourself being punted from behind. I would always be decisive in what I want to do, without thinking and worrying about possible outcomes into T1.
Starting from the front row, you still have a chance of someone too eager missing his brake point and punting you. Starting from the back might be your best bet if you want to purely avoid T1 incidents. But then you have to drive your heart out only to achieve a decent finish in a 20 minutes race, maybe a 1 hour race too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The case for Monza in Internet Sim Racing - by Filip Stoyanovich - 07-01-2020, 07:35 AM