Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The case for Monza in Internet Sim Racing
I'm following this thread although I do not race in the Dallara series since I'm interested in affordable solutions to avoid/reduce the amount of incidents, but I must admit that I feel rather uncomfortable on reading about "idiots".
Once in a practice session before qualy I did one more lap after overtime - without any harm to anyone - since I didn't have time for enough practicing before the race (I'm not talking about learning the track or the car, it was a matter of improving my performance). A guy immediately apostrophised me as "stupid", and I didn't like it. Even if he was right, I found it absolutely mannerless from someone living in another part of the world that I never (virtually) met before.
I know it can be frustrating seeing your own efforts for clean racing and/or accomplishing results vanish due to others' (supposedly) inconsiderate behaviour, but since this is a (big) community I would not split his members in "good ones" and "idiots".
Moreover, I hold to be true that open wheel cars + T1 at Monza is the toughest combo in simracing, so maybe most incidents are due to a lack of skills rather than voluntary malice. If you want to behave like an "idiot", you can do it even on a long and wide straight and don't need to wait for Monza.
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The case for Monza in Internet Sim Racing - by Gianluca Roncaglia - 06-30-2020, 04:48 PM