Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The case for Monza in Internet Sim Racing
It was clearly all week that F3 races were way more attended than usually the last weeks. This was good since a lot of new competitive racers participated but also a lot of people who maybe just thought "Oh I know Monza, just floor it" and didn’t do a single practice start or whatsoever. Normally I report people who in my opinion do not behave properly but if I wanted to report all incidents during a monza race even for T1 it would take me more time than the whole race itself. I just gave up. Even drivers who I know that they can race clean seemed to do divebombs at the start and missing their braking points. At one point I even thought if it’s safer to do a 102 points win when starting from the back of the field lol.

The thing is: those people will not read the forums and they don’t care what you write in game in chat. I guess they only care when they get a week suspension or similar (When I started sim racing 10 years ago and wasn’t allowed to race for a week after a stupid crash I thought about it a lot and learned from it...)

Other ideas would be implementing special rules for these kind of races like flying start after T1, extra hard automatic penalties for contacts in first lap or T1 (1 day suspension) or some volunteers who review races and do penalties (I don’t like the idea of permanent bans that much but giving somebody a day off or giving warnings will do wonders I guess)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The case for Monza in Internet Sim Racing - by Simon Speth - 06-29-2020, 04:16 PM