Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The case for Monza in Internet Sim Racing
It seems like it's pretty easy to pick apart any automated policing that could be done for SRS races that have this problem... Restarts waste time the server doesn't have, and it'd be really fast to find out how many restarts it'll do at the upper limit. So as an apathetic jerk, once you have that information all you have to do is try your best to gain 5 slots and then FINALLY on that last restart THEN you brake somewhat safely. Might as well just only do one take (which is what we already have).

My solution solves the Monza problem, and Martin's solution at least lets a good track see the light of day on occasion. It IS a good track... it's just not for the dirty casuals (he said, only 84% joking).
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I think Simon's idea would work great in weekly races because no trustable racer would try to abuse the first start like that. It would filter out the idiots before the actual race start, which is fine by me.

In daily races a system like that would definitely be abused though, yes. But it would still filter out the idiots if it goes along with a short suspension.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
You guys are putting too much faith in the incident count. It's a reliable enough meteic if you average it out over many races, but in a single race it's easy for a driver to get a bunch of incidents through no fault of his own.
I'm following this thread although I do not race in the Dallara series since I'm interested in affordable solutions to avoid/reduce the amount of incidents, but I must admit that I feel rather uncomfortable on reading about "idiots".
Once in a practice session before qualy I did one more lap after overtime - without any harm to anyone - since I didn't have time for enough practicing before the race (I'm not talking about learning the track or the car, it was a matter of improving my performance). A guy immediately apostrophised me as "stupid", and I didn't like it. Even if he was right, I found it absolutely mannerless from someone living in another part of the world that I never (virtually) met before.
I know it can be frustrating seeing your own efforts for clean racing and/or accomplishing results vanish due to others' (supposedly) inconsiderate behaviour, but since this is a (big) community I would not split his members in "good ones" and "idiots".
Moreover, I hold to be true that open wheel cars + T1 at Monza is the toughest combo in simracing, so maybe most incidents are due to a lack of skills rather than voluntary malice. If you want to behave like an "idiot", you can do it even on a long and wide straight and don't need to wait for Monza.
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.
Well, what else would you call somebody who crashes into somebody on a straight?

I know a couple of other words, but those would get me suspended from the forums.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(06-30-2020, 07:02 PM)Don\t know. In the real life maybe I would call him a criminal, in a videogame I'd prefer to apply other evaluation criteria. My two cents, of course.Simon Meisinger Wrote:  Well, what else would you call somebody who crashes into somebody on a straight?

I know a couple of other words, but those would get me suspended from the forums.
(06-30-2020, 07:02 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  Well, what else would you call somebody who crashes into somebody on a straight?

If one bad moves makes someone an idiot, then we're all idiots. Which renders the term meaningless.
One bad move before T1 at Monza isn't just a simple bad move. Trying to race before before T1 at Monza is like lighting up a cigarette while refueling your car.
No, it's not. And you're really doing a disservice to yourself if you think of people that way.
[quote pid='39610' dateline='1593552620']
I didn't want to raise a controversy, Of course I understand Simon's point, but I'm still surprised on how easy can be getting a stigma on the net.
[/quote]