Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I hit something.. when nothing is there?
I have never see this here before.But just had a race where the car in front of me disappeared and then.. I had a big crash with NOTHING It throw me around twice and from 15th to last place. So I just had a crash with air? Is this correct? the car in front of me was 2 secs ahead..the car behind 10 secs.. so this is the SRS net code thing or is this new?
how was your ping?
Lars Mars
Gentdrivers Team
(06-24-2020, 06:36 PM)Lars Mars Wrote:  how was your ping?

Mine is always 110..no matter what I try..but I did see the vid .and a driver at the end.the one who had the problem ping..did say so,,. 256 I think his was. have seen a few cars flash in and out before.But nothing like this. In the vid,, His car vanishes and then transports back on top of my car. he ends up behind me,,hits me from behind and keeps on going. I felt both the hits,,when he came back on top of my car and when he hit me from behind.. FFB went crazy..had to go back to the pit..gave me a penalty ..30 secs..but by that time I was +2   
I've had incident aon the Daytona road course, where someone didn't make the turn to the infield part of the track, I was at the exit of the infield. I saw the car coming but couldn't get out of the way. My replay didn't show the other car, just me flying off the track. I figured it was a connection problem on the other driver.
Just so you know guys, connection incidents can be reported.
(06-25-2020, 07:45 PM)Tim Cullingworth Wrote:  Just so you know guys, connection incidents can be reported.

good info to know..thanks.. hope it does't happen that much.
OK//THIS IS BECOMING a bit of a problem
today..everything is going good..then a car passes me,,which made both of the cars net code ..sliding on the track//my ping was 107 RED..when it flashed back on..then my engine blown..I never had a engine blown before.. which made me go from 8th to last..back to pit..2345 sec penalty..
anyone else??
Someone teleported into your car. Happens on occasion with folks with poor (intermittent, not necessarily latent) connections.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(07-03-2020, 07:36 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Someone teleported into your car. Happens on occasion with folks with poor (intermittent, not necessarily latent) connections.
Seems to be happening a bit more lately. Yesterday, was not into my car. But the two cars right in front flashed, slide and then when their cars came back. My car got a blown engine.  My ping was 105 yellow.. then when the car pasted me.. my ping went to 107 red.. while the cars in front were flashing. I'll keep an eye on it.

the car right in front ping was 256 might be a bit high.

thanks
see you out there
I have noticed a number of flickering / jumping cars as well recently.

I know my internet link is prety good with pings between 10 - 30mS, so I do wonder if it is either a problem with the server of just the higher internet usage in genral, due to the lockdown.