Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Subforum Consolidation
The main forums page is a bit tall. One of my desktop displays is in portrait mode and I can't see the whole list!
[Image: VISnIX4m.png]
My suggestion is to perhaps give these sub-forums a reorg? Something along the lines of:
  • Make the Sim Racing System subforum contain all News items (pinned to the top?), as well as include all content that would go under Racing Series Discussion threads.
  • Find... somewhere? for the Gamivo subforum. Does this need its own forum? Seems like this should just be a big clickable banner somewhere all over the website since no one can post here.
  • Do something else with: World Time & Zones,
  • Consolidate Official SRS Broadcasts, Paint Shop, and Multimedia into a single subforum (probably "Multimedia"?). Pin the "please put my face on the broadcasts" at the top, of course.
  • Cull the "Protest Form" sub forum. If drivers are not supposed to discuss protests on the forum seems like this is just inviting bad behavior. The pinned and closed information thread "Protest Form" could be pinned under the newly organized "Sim Racing System" sub-forum above.
  • Cull "Follow us on Twitter" sub-forum. Should just be pinned in the "Sim Racing System" sub-forum above. Or a fancy linked banner somewhere in the header next to a link to the Discord server and to Gamivo?
  • Consolidate all App and "Current Series Download" sub-forums into a single "Simulation Apps and Downloads" sub-forum with a pinned posts at the top with instructions to download and install and use all available apps as well as all the series mods for download links. Folks can discuss individual apps in contained posts. Or... create sub-sub-forums for each sim under this one heading?
  • Cull the "Discord" sub-forum. Should just be pinned in the "Sim Racing System" sub-forum above.
If I do my math right, the above suggestions gets the parent page down to... let's see... 7 parent forums! How clean would that be?
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Great idea.

It might make people use the forum more often. I could imagine a lot of people are put off by how cluttered it appears.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020