Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Onboard laps
I always make up my own names when tracks don't provide them in Assetto Corsa. Like "The one at he hunter's stand." and "The one after the hunter's stand" and "the mean one after the one after the hunter's stand".

Do you practice with the softest tires right away or with which compound do you start?
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
The odd thing is I never care about corner names. Even in silverstone I only know hmm the Esses and the flat esses after start/finish Big Grin
For me every coner in kyalami was like "full break 10m before curb, go down 3 gears, do not touch outside curb, position your car on other side of track"
It really bites me if I want to chat with somebody after race and I can tell like in T9 I tried to overtake and so on Big Grin
I don't think it's that important at tracks you know by heart anyways, but it sure is helpful when you learn a track.

Farmers also name their cows because you get more milk from a cow with a name because you unconsciously pay more attention to something with a name (no shit) Big Grin
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I'm pleased there's a bit of discussion about this. I made the video to say what I do because I want to give people ideas. As with many things in life everyone has their own method and there is no one correct way so it is interesting to hear what others do. 

I'm enjoying doing the videos so I'll do some more. The next one might be putting an F1 car around Mugello given there might be a race there this year, but I've a few other ideas too.
Barcelona F3 qualifying. I went in deep at T1 and lost time but I got traffic on my best lap. 

Zandvoort F3 qualifying

Not an onboard but a video about the FW31 hybrid which never raced and the first steps for hybrids in F1: https://youtu.be/HriuCdvZX0o
My pole positions at Spa and Nurburgring in the FW31 F1 car last season.

A race lap in the TARK Estonia 25 at Tor Poznan. This a particular way to drive this car with high revs so I hope this helps people.

FW14 qualifying lap at Okayama. I didn't blip the throttle on downshifts which cost me a bit but overall a good lap.
A good lap at New Jersey here: Estonia 25 NJMP

Setup is in the setup forum