Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing vehicle not required for session
Every once in a while I get the issue where when I try to join a session, I get the error message that I am missing the files for a vehicle that is not even being used in for the session's race. For example, I am trying to join the dallara f3 race and I got the message that I am missing the files for the vrc 2009 williams fw31 s1. Is this a known issue and is there anyway to fix it otherthan having to rush to download the vehicle 3 minutes before the race. 
I have attached the error message in the file.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-04-2020, 02:06 AM)Ryan Lum Wrote:  Every once in a while I get the issue where when I try to join a session, I get the error message that I am missing the files for a vehicle that is not even being used in for the session's race. For example, I am trying to join the dallara f3 race and I got the message that I am missing the files for the vrc 2009 williams fw31 s1. Is this a known issue and is there anyway to fix it otherthan having to rush to download the vehicle 3 minutes before the race. 
https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=7883
(06-04-2020, 02:06 AM)Ryan Lum Wrote:  Every once in a while I get the issue where when I try to join a session, I get the error message that I am missing the files for a vehicle that is not even being used in for the session's race. For example, I am trying to join the dallara f3 race and I got the message that I am missing the files for the vrc 2009 williams fw31 s1. Is this a known issue and is there anyway to fix it otherthan having to rush to download the vehicle 3 minutes before the race. 
It happened to me once a few days ago (I think in my case it said I didn't have the Peugeot, when I was also trying to join the Dallara F3 race). I just closed Content Manager and relaunched it and I was able to join normally. I didn't need to download the car it previously said I was missing (although I have since downloaded it to try it out).

I had about two/three weeks ago redownloaded the Sim Racing System app, as the link that Martin sent instructs to, because for a couple of races my Join button wasn't working correctly (sometimes pressing Join was causing Content Manager to close with no error message and without launching the race, so I had to use the alternative join method). However the error you mentioned happened to me after I had redownloaded the app. I'd still follow the steps it says, as perhaps I didn't delete one of the folders properly as I was meant to. Either way, it hasn't happened to me since, so I had forgotten about it until you brought your problem up.