Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legends Setups and Race discussion
I have also posted it in the discord channel so if you want to just download the setup you can get it there.  It seems as though its still not possible to add the tune as an attachment....

I tried this setup on the slobros server and was able to get down to the low 1.29's. 

[CAMBER_LF]
VALUE=-31

[CAMBER_RF]
VALUE=-31

[CAR]
MODEL=legends_ford_34_coupe

[ENGINE_LIMITER]
VALUE=100

[FINAL_RATIO]
VALUE=0

[FRONT_BIAS]
VALUE=68

[FUEL]
VALUE=18

[PRESSURE_LF]
VALUE=17

[PRESSURE_LR]
VALUE=15

[PRESSURE_RF]
VALUE=18

[PRESSURE_RR]
VALUE=16

[ROD_LENGTH_LF]
VALUE=40

[ROD_LENGTH_LR]
VALUE=42

[ROD_LENGTH_RF]
VALUE=40

[ROD_LENGTH_RR]
VALUE=42

[SPRING_RATE_LF]
VALUE=2

[SPRING_RATE_LR]
VALUE=0

[SPRING_RATE_RF]
VALUE=2

[SPRING_RATE_RR]
VALUE=0

[TOE_OUT_LF]
VALUE=8

[TOE_OUT_RF]
VALUE=8

[TYRES]
VALUE=0

[__EXT_PATCH]
=0
VERSION=0.1.52
Hi, i ran with the default setup on the first race because i simply didn´t have the time to do it. I´ve tried yours afterwards but didn´t work for me, but thanks anyway for sharing.
By the way, did any of you managed to get your personal car skins working? I couldn´t...skin app said " upload unavailable".

Cheers.
Thanks for the feedback. Could you let me know what was it about the tune that didn't work for you? Was it too loose, or understeery, too stiff, or sloppy, or did you not have any confidence in the brakes, etc? I could suggest some setup changes to make it suit you better.

I don't bother with skins, so can't help you there.
(06-06-2020, 03:50 PM)Jason Jones Wrote:  Thanks for the feedback.  Could you let me know what was it about the tune that didn't work for you? Was it too loose, or understeery, too stiff, or sloppy, or did you not have any confidence in the brakes, etc?  I could suggest some setup changes to make it suit you better. 

I don't bother with skins, so can't help you there.

Hi Jason.

You're welcome for the feedback but it should be us users that should be thanking you for your sharing.
Now, concerning your setup...well, it looked fine if i recall correctly, nothing major regarding extreme behavior, like over steering, snap or under steering, not too loose or nothing like that. It just didn't make me any faster than the default one for some reason. Lol. Big Grin
We all have different driving styles and maybe that's why sometimes some setups don't work as well with other people.
Most of the times, it's really the time you put on practice that makes the difference and the setup just gives you a little bit of edge when you already reach the default setup limit. In my case, it mite be just that, rust! I've been out of simracing for a while now... more than 6 months i think, so it's normal that i'll struggle at this stage.
But in response at your question...usually i make 2 setups, qualify and race and normally i like my setups to be fast ones...70% on the fast side, 30% on the safe side, setups that give me a low, stiff car with very little roll, with nice camber to be able to gain time in corners and less drag on the straits, with some nice tire pressure to be able to have stable temperatures all around though out the all race, a adjusted gear box to be able to fully use the torque, power and top speed of the car on track, redlining on the braking point of the biggest strait of the track, if there's downforce i usually like it be minimum and i rarely change the toe unless it's very bad. There's other things like differentials and stuff like that and brake bias, etc, etc...but i think that is more of a personal taste or it doesn't really apply in this case.

Cheers.

P.s. - ( By the way, are you from ON, BC, ALB or NW? ) Big Grin
Well it seems that we have totally different ways to go about setting up a car because the first thing I adjust is the tire psi, and then I spend a bit of time getting the toe and then camber sorted. I usually prefer soft suspension where I can feel the body roll. Then I will adjust the gearbox, and diff, brake bias etc. I only ever make a race setup, for the qualifying setup, I just take out some fuel.

I mostly drive street cars, and older race cars. I am not very fast in high down force modern race cars.

I am from southern alberta btw!

I'll post my setup for Calabogie once I have a go at it.
Yeh... people do have different tastes when it comes to setups.
No worries since the default one isn't really that bad.

P.s. The reason i've asked was because i used to live in North York, Toronto, Ontario.     Wink
(06-07-2020, 03:27 PM)Jason Jones Wrote:  Well it seems that we have totally different ways to go about setting up a car because the first thing I adjust is the tire psi, and then I spend a bit of time getting the toe and then camber sorted.  I usually prefer soft suspension where I can feel the body roll.  Then I will adjust the gearbox, and diff, brake bias etc.  I only ever make a race setup, for the qualifying setup, I just take out some fuel.

I mostly drive street cars, and older race cars.  I am not very fast in high down force modern race cars. 

I am from southern alberta btw!

I'll post my setup for Calabogie once I have a go at it.
Seems like you should do PSI along side messing with Toe/Camber as those can mess with temp and pressure. Also... I recommend starting with gearbox adjustments if that is available on the car... no sense doing dozens of laps learning rev audio and RPM gauge shift points if they are all going to change.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(06-02-2020, 04:28 PM)Jason Jones Wrote:  I have also posted it in the discord channel so if you want to just download the setup you can get it there.  It seems as though its still not possible to add the tune as an attachment....

I tried this setup on the slobros server and was able to get down to the low 1.29's. 
I've just tried your setup and I improved a lot. Thank you for sharing.
Hi all. 

This was a fun séries, the car was a handful but fun nonetheless, and I would like to congratulate Jason for his championship win and also thanks to all for a very clean series. 

Cheers.