Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williams FW 31 Setups
I have already posted this setup in another thread but I think more people will see it here. Going forward it would be good to have all setups together here instead of spread throughout discussion threads as they were last season. Change the extension to .ini to use it.

Attached Files
.txt   fw31 silverstone base.txt (Size: 1.39 KB / Downloads: 35)
Here's mine for Silverstone.

Attached Files
.txt   simonmeisinger_fw31_silverstone.txt (Size: 1.42 KB / Downloads: 41)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Any setup suggestions for Watkins? I feel like putting less downforce my be faster this time?
Here is the setup I used for the race which had slightly more wing than the one I posted before. It seems good for Watkins Glen as well although I'm sure small changes will make it better.
My setup from Kyalami. I think other drivers had something a bit better but this is certainly more driveable than what a lot of people had.

Attached Files
.txt   orourked kyalami race.txt (Size: 1.38 KB / Downloads: 9)
In Spa i raced with this setup. Try it, it's the opposite of Kyalami.
Bye

Attached Files
.txt   1_45_3.txt (Size: 1.38 KB / Downloads: 16)
My Setup for Nürburgring, in my opinion it's super stable (= rookie friendly).

Attached Files
.txt   nurburgring_fw31_meisinger.txt (Size: 1.42 KB / Downloads: 21)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
My current setup for Nurburgring. As I stated in the other thread, it is based off of Marco Monitto's Spa setup that he add here with some changes to the brake engine, gearing, wings and fuel. Download Marco's setup and then update the appropriate values with the ones in my attached file. For a 14 lap stint on softs I can lap in the low 1:30.XX. With supersofts and 7L fuel for qualifying (so outlap + hotlap) I have done a 1:28.9 after two attempts and I think I can do better.

Attached Files
.txt   VRCFW31_NurbergringGP_MarcoBase_DonnchadEdits.txt (Size: 498 bytes / Downloads: 11)
(07-06-2020, 09:56 PM)Donnchadh MacGarry Wrote:  My current setup for Nurburgring. As I stated in the other thread, it is based off of Marco Monitto's Spa setup that he add here with some changes to the brake engine, gearing, wings and fuel. Download Marco's setup and then update the appropriate values with the ones in my attached file. For a 14 lap stint on softs I can lap in the low 1:30.XX. With supersofts and 7L fuel for qualifying (so outlap + hotlap) I have done a 1:28.9 after two attempts and I think I can do better.
An update that I'll use in the race. Increased front wing from 26 to 29 to get more turn in on corners like the two after the Schumacher S. I reduced the differential coast to from 85% to 50% so the car would rotate more on braking, which I felt helped on the slower sections with trail braking. I was considering increasing the differential power (its 5%) but I decided not to as I got used to being very aggressive on the accelerator and didn't feel I had the time (couldn't be bothered) to adjust my driving to match. Made some more tweaks to the gearing, its slightly shorter to maximise acceleration.

Like before, download Marco Monitto's Spa setup and then overwrite the values with the one in the file I've attached.

Attached Files
.txt   VRCFW31_NurbergringGP_MarcoBase_DonnchadhEdits_v2.txt (Size: 532 bytes / Downloads: 13)
For the sake of completion here are my setups for the last two races. At Spa I ran 1 less on the rear wing for qualifying than the race. I think the ideal there would be my setup for qualifying and Marco's for the race because there would have been no way I could have fought back.

Attached Files
.txt   fw31 orourked nurburgring.txt (Size: 1.39 KB / Downloads: 7)
.txt   fw31 orourked spa.txt (Size: 1.38 KB / Downloads: 2)