Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini setup
Hi guys I don't have any idea about how to improve the setup on the Mini JCW.
Somebody can help me please? Thanks!
SRS since May 2020

RSS F3 V6 (10.2020) - 23th
Mini JCW Challenge (08.2020) - 17th
Dallara F3 (06.2020) - 39th
(07-13-2020, 10:35 AM)Alessandro Ferraro Wrote:  Hi guys I don't have any idea about how to improve the setup on the Mini JCW.
You don't really need to change anything to be fairly quick, the only thing I do is change the brake balance to about 80% to stop the rears from locking. You are probably just struggling bc of lack of ABS. If you're lapping 1:37/low 1:38 you are relatively quick. Tell me why you feel you need to change the setup, what corners are you struggling with etc. and we can maybe figure something out.
(07-13-2020, 03:03 PM)Robbie Williams Wrote:  
(07-13-2020, 10:35 AM)Alessandro Ferraro Wrote:  Hi guys I don't have any idea about how to improve the setup on the Mini JCW.
You don't really need to change anything to be fairly quick, the only thing I do is change the brake balance to about 80% to stop the rears from locking. You are probably just struggling bc of lack of ABS. If you're lapping 1:37/low 1:38 you are relatively quick. Tell me why you feel you need to change the setup, what corners are you struggling with etc. and we can maybe figure something out.
Thanks Robbie, you can see me in RSR, I'm just one position quicker/slower than you so I lap in 1:37 (but a ideal lap for me will be 1:36.8, I always do a couple of small errors)  Tongue 
For me the hardest turns are the first and Westfield (the second fast right after the back straight) because if the car is a little bit slower begin to slide tooo much and I lose some tents Big Grin
I will try to work on brake balance and I will let you know.
See you on the track and thank you!
SRS since May 2020

(07-14-2020, 09:02 AM)Alessandro Ferraro Wrote:  
Thanks Robbie, you can see me in RSR, I'm just one position quicker/slower than you so I lap in 1:37 (but a ideal lap for me will be 1:36.8, I always do a couple of small errors)  Tongue 
For me the hardest turns are the first and Westfield (the second fast right after the back straight) because if the car is a little bit slower begin to slide tooo much and I lose some tents Big Grin
You are absolutely right, I knew I recognised your name! Yes, for me the brake balance was the big thing, made me a lot more consistent under braking. Also on the medium tyres, the left front has a tendency to get HOT (at least when I drive), so I'd have a look at that as well and if you have the same problem, just up the pressure in the left front by a couple of psi. You will have less maximum grip, but you will have a lot more grip over the course of the race because the tyre won't be overheating. And yes, a high thirty six is also my ideal lap, I did a  1:36.8 also in the race yesterday with a full load of fuel but I'm very inconsistent so I know I wouldn't be able to go any quicker haha, think it was a freak lap. Let me know how it goes. I'm racing in the 16:00 GMT race, hope to see you there! Would be a good race I think as we are similar pace wise.  All the best.
(07-14-2020, 12:12 PM)Robbie Williams Wrote:  
(07-14-2020, 09:02 AM)Alessandro Ferraro Wrote:  
You are absolutely right, I new I recognised your name! Yes, for me the brake balance was the big thing, made me a lot more consistent under braking. Also on the medium tyres, the left front has a tendency to get HOT (at least when I drive), so I'd have a look at that as well and if you have the same problem, just up the pressure in the left front by a couple of psi. You will have less maximum grip, but you will have a lot more grip over the course of the race because the tyre won't be overheating. And yes, a high thirty six is also my ideal lap, I did a  1:36.8 also in the race yesterday with a full load of fuel but I'm very inconsistent so I know I wouldn't be able to go any quicker haha, think it was a freak lap. Let me know how it goes. I'm racing in the 16:00 GMT race, hope to see you there! Would be a good race I think as we are similar pace wise.  All the best.
Today I can't race sorry... I had time now to practice a little more and I did a 1:36.6, but last 50m was out of fuel so I lose 2 tenths and 3 tenths in the second sector... Ideal was 1:36.1 with standard setup with shocks changed
4-4
4-4
4-4
0-0
and brake balance to 80% (thank you)

Thank you for advices and I hope to see you on the track!
SRS since May 2020

Robbie I raced today and I finished 4th (the three on the podium was too fast for me), but the a pressure 2 psi up than basic setup was so good.
SRS since May 2020

Great! I'm glad it worked out for you and 4th is a brilliant finish! Congrats. I'm racing in about half an hour so hopefully it will go okay haha.