Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DTM Setups
Hi everyone,
The DTM serie just finished and I had a blast! This was my first full serie and i'm still learning so I was curious about what kind of setup changes you guys made for the serie. I'm not necessarily looking for complete setups if you guys don't want to give them out, but more of general to advanced tips on how to properly setup a car. 
I will also share what I learned during my season. I know I personally tried to keep the back aero as low as possible to get the most of the straights and the front aero was usually quite high to reduce understeer at high speed. I tried to make sure that the tyre pressure would be at 30psi on all wheels during the race, which sometimes meant that some of my tires had different pressures in my setup. I also put the engine and brake diff at 60 - 40 respectively. But overall I didn't really play with the other settings, i'm not sure what would have helped if anything.
Any tips you guys want to share to help a fellow driver get better with these tricky setups?
Hello Maxime,

It was also my races in sim racing and I also was making some setup learning trying to find speed.
In Spa race I've released that my tyres went so cold during straights and then I had no grip in the mid section of the circuit.
I've increased toe and camber values to try to keep 'em warm in straights. It worked quite good.
Maybe someone can add some comment about that.

Regards.
I found a really nice 190E setup for myself by dumb luck. Had tried a few bad setups first then I took the default setup and went down 10mm at the front and up 10mm at the rear and all of a sudden it handled like a dream.

I explored those ride heights but never strayed too far. It allowed me to make changes to springs, dampers, diff to suit the track and it always felt balanced and controlled. It was so good, if I ever had a slide, front or rear, the cure was always to just open the throttle a touch. Hard to go slow when the solution to every problem is more throttle!