Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member questions
Hi guys,

I joined SRS a few months ago but became all consumed by iracing. Now the current season in iracing has come to an end I want  to branch my experiences out more.

Can someone explain to me how the races under the competition & race tabs work within SRS.

I understand the basics of when they are, how to join etc, but is there a league for each series? If so are there results held for positions etc? Or are they all just one off races?

I've just noticed a lot of new series show up which I had not seen before, is this due to those other series ending? 

Any input is greatly appreciated and feel free to tell me anything else that I should know!

Thanks
Hi Andy,

The new season of race series have just started today.

Each race series has its own leader board. Points are based on finish position, -3 points for each contact with anything.

You canin compeat as many races as you want in each round and your highest score is used in the leader board untill you have done 5 races. Once you go beone 5 races it uses the average of your total scores.

There is also an overall ranking, based on finish position and incidents, though the full calculation is unknown to us.
Tim,

Thanks for the response.

Do the tracks change each week? I take it that the week starts on a Monday in that case?

In terms of what is needed to run each race, some of it is official paid DLC and some is User created DLC which is free?

I did try to enter a Tipo race yesterday which it said I was all set to enter but then I noticed that Brands Hatch was paid DLC content, which the SRS app hadn't picked up and prevented me from joining.
Better get all the DLC, SRS uses a lot of them because a couple of quite essential tracks were released as DLC (Brands Hatch being one of them).

They're currently just a coule of bucks at Gamivo: https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=8515
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Thanks for the link, just downloaded it now! Real cheap!

I'll see how I get on and come back if there are problems