Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Increasing racing quality
(06-02-2020, 01:46 AM)Dario Bucalo Wrote:  I understand that for those who go fast it can be a problem but I think that in this period many new people are joining the world of sim racing for the first time. More than cutting those who go slow, I think we should put the rookies in a position to improve in order to compete with the more experienced pilots. AC is a very complex game and having a good setup is essential, in terms of speed and safety on the track. Also because there are races in which 20 participants run with a maximum of 2 seconds difference. I therefore think that the aspect of growing the community should be preferred rather than selecting only the best. In a long term perspective, it is more advantageous to have a solid community that grows and does not abandon rather than to risk that people, who cannot compete and have fun, abandon after a while.

I completely agree with this. We need to educate people and help get them up to speed to improve racing instead of getting rid of people who are not up to speed.

I think the frustration last season was that for the F1 cars Ted made great video guides and multiple fast drivers shared setups,  but it seemed to make absolutely no difference. The information was there, but for whatever reason people did not get to it.

If you look at real life, by the time drivers have got to difficult cars they have a had far more education than drivers do in any sim. Years in junior formulae working with engineers to understand how to drive and mostly likely getting shouted at for causing a crash a few times.  Not only is it easier to learn with the help but every crash has consequences which makes the mistake stick in the mind. I have not raced online for long enough to know if the standard has dropped, but if it has I expect it is just that there are more inexperienced drivers.

For open setup races I think we need to direct people to something better than the default setup and in general have better signposting to help.

Messages In This Thread
Increasing racing quality - by Ilya Krivokhizhin - 05-31-2020, 05:54 PM
RE: Increasing racing quality - by Michal Ringes - 05-31-2020, 06:54 PM
RE: Increasing racing quality - by Dario Bucalo - 06-02-2020, 01:46 AM
RE: Increasing racing quality - by Dominic ORourke - 06-02-2020, 01:16 PM
RE: Increasing racing quality - by Dario Bucalo - 06-02-2020, 07:33 PM
RE: Increasing racing quality - by Dario Bucalo - 06-02-2020, 10:12 PM
RE: Increasing racing quality - by Julian Kucza - 06-03-2020, 08:43 AM
RE: Increasing racing quality - by Dario Bucalo - 06-03-2020, 12:34 PM
RE: Increasing racing quality - by Julian Kucza - 06-03-2020, 05:43 PM