Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I'd like to say you thanks. Williams FW31
I believe that, despite the very short time available, everyone did their best. After the many requests for a long F1 race, the best thing that could happen was this. Having 3 servers and people much more careful in managing and conducting the race. I believe that the gapwill be smaller in general from the next. I felt so sorry for Ted, the fight was close. Given the problem he had, it was not obvious that the 2-stop strategy would have been a loser. I myself braked at the pit entrance actually, for fear of penalties (once happened to me on SRS). Anyway, what I perceived in general, was the participation of people who were more careful and interested in the event. From the first to the dubbed. Perhaps, just the duration, discourages those who just want to try ... I hope this is the beginning of a MUST on SRS, like the daily GT for an hour. Bye!!
(06-04-2020, 06:45 AM)Marco Monitto Wrote:  I believe that, despite the very short time available, everyone did their best. After the many requests for a long F1 race, the best thing that could happen was this. Having 3 servers and people much more careful in managing and conducting the race. I believe that the gapwill be smaller in general from the next. I felt so sorry for Ted, the fight was close. Given the problem he had, it was not obvious that the 2-stop strategy would have been a loser. I myself braked at the pit entrance actually, for fear of penalties (once happened to me on SRS). Anyway, what I perceived in general, was the participation of people who were more careful and interested in the event. From the first to the dubbed. Perhaps, just the duration, discourages those who just want to try ... I hope this is the beginning of a MUST on SRS, like the daily GT for an hour. Bye!!
Nah....i stopped on the track on lap 9, did a 1.55. At the time I was lapping same times as you staying a second behind. 
So i lost 25 seconds due to VR. 
When you came out from pitstop i was 6 seconds ahead. By the time I got to lap 20 for my pitstop i was still 4 seconds ahead. 

Without the VR issue I would have been 30 seconds infront, with both of us having to do a pitstop. you only qualified a few tenths behind me, so it can't have been setup.
So....1 stopper on mediums is definitely the quickest strategy for everyone.
Infact given that the car is affected more by fuel load than tyres, could probably get away with a looong 1st stint on Hards to get to 75% race distance, and then a flat out blast on Softs for the final 25%.
Not sure what the hards are like as i never tried them though.

My silverstone setup:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OwRzWk6...sp=sharing
The setup makes absolutely no sense, and i cannot explain it  Sad
It's not a particularly good mod - i think the only guys that make good formula mods are the RSS folk. 
All the VRC mods have this weird snap oversteer or snap understeer, the car rotates around the centre, a bit like how cars in AMS2 drive. 
Or the car does a weird 4 wheel skid thing. 
I couldn't make heads or tails of it, so stuck coast and fARB to max to understand what was going on, it fixed the 4 wheel skid on brakes issue and the car was even better in the high speed..... 

the setup changes weren't changing the car behaviour in the way you'd expect it too, so it seems like just try anything random and do a few laps...
Sure, what I was saying is that only with your problem would I have a chance to fight. Otherwise you would have won clearly. But it is to be seen for the other slopes what is better. Hi!
(06-03-2020, 09:34 PM)Ted Haggard Wrote:  
(06-03-2020, 08:53 PM)Simon Speth Wrote:  I just have to say thanks Ted for the nice setup. Was about 1.5 secodnds faster than standard. I dont know how you all did such quali laps but I guess you tuned your setups a bit more. For race Ted's setup was a bit too oversteering for me so I made it a bit more safe to drive.

For the race I have to say it was the most demanding and fun races I ever did. I also like the car way better than last seasons 2018 Ferrari which I just could not drive on throttle (guess the engine map with hybrid is a bit the problem there)
I just wanted to stay clean because 6 weeks ago in imola everythig went down at the start because of me ^^. Crazy at some time Ted was parking in front of me and then two guys spinning behind me. The second place feels really good Big Grin

Downside is that we may need clear rules for laped cars because some stay on racing line and some not and I nearly crashed twice while lapping.

But part from that see you next week and lets have one more nice race!
think you're confusing me with the other Simon lol...i didn't post any setup.  Wink
True, I used the setup of Dominic and now than I saw yours the biggest difference is running even more front wing and lowering throttle diff to 5%
I actually increased my wings after I posted the setup and raced with the same wing angles as Ted, the only aerodynamic difference was he had a lower ride height. The other changes I think are more based on driving style rather than being objectively better. When I tried Ted's setups last season I always preferred something with less over-steer and that is the same with this setup.
I tried a few laps yesteday and it seems like little bit less downforce is faster. Also it should definately being a one-stop again. What laptimes are you guys doing?
I'm still on the same wings as last week. It feels like less downforce should be faster but I tried it and went slower. I think 1:17.0 was my best when I tried the supersofts.
I'll use Dominic's Silverstone setup with one click less at the rear wing, one click longer 6th gear and some minor adjustments to the differential. That one click at the rear wing gave me a noticable speed boost on the straight while keeping the car stable in the corners.

I didn't have much time to practice this week though.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Another fun race and different strategies at the front made it interesting. I had a couple of spins which cost me the chance to fight but I think I probably would have ended up third anyway. Still getting used to hour long races! My tires were dropping off at the end and I had a gap so I decided to pit and get an easy fastest lap.

Very good drive from Aldo and I thought Marco's recovery after the first lap was phenomenal. Also a shout out to everyone further down because everyone I came up to saw the blue flags and was very courteous.

Here's my lap from qualifying: https://youtu.be/wf3aV9iGw4c
Had my debut on SRS yesterday (my profile shows 3 races, but I don't remember the other 2 lol). Even though was a lonely race with only another fellow competitor during the majority of the 1h, it was a great practice. Hopefully I'll be joining top tiers next time, I think I'm competitive enough to be battling in the main race. 

Looking forward to race again at Red Bull Ring.

Cool