Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Assetto Corsa series starting June 01!
(06-01-2020, 03:52 PM)Filip Stoyanovich Wrote:  I think that fix will not work. Even if you unpack data.acd file, you will get both the new unpacked data folder and the packed original data.acd file will remain there and unchanged. The car mods usually come with this packed data.acd file and this is what the server looks for when joining and loading the car. But if it is not there, then CM/AC loader looks for the data folder. Then you will get a mismatch if it is different than the one on the server.

You can choose in Content manager for it to look for extracted data folder instead for the data.acd file, even if it's still there. But you will for sure get a mismatch if you extract the data, change a file and then re-pack to a new data.acd file again.
This is for development purposes usually, but some mods came unpacked like this and then altering files and cheating online was possible obviously. This is why data.acd packing exists.
You're probably right. I'm new to SRS so I don't know all the kinks. But this makes perfect sense. I was interested in the issue because I was planning to move to VR myself. But it seems that I might be better of with my single screen until everyone grows out of Assetto and move to Competizione or Automobilista 2 or something. Something that's not using the old model for cars which is what causes the helmet issue in VR.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Assetto Corsa series starting June 01! - by Rafael S Silva - 06-01-2020, 10:13 PM