Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Assetto Corsa series starting June 01!
(05-30-2020, 06:04 PM)Pasha Paterson Wrote:  Oh also, the zerobandwidth BTCC series is 10min Q, 20min R, so we're hoping to see some folks come back who have been avoiding the 60min series.
(I don't think the Primera could make it 60min with only one pit stop!)
Oh hey, cool. Still shows as 1 hour races in first post, though.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Some great choices for next series.  Smile

Does anyone know if there's a way to get rid of the helmet of the Porsche GT America in VR? I really like the car, and only part of the helmet is visible, but it's pretty annoying. Maybe there's some INI file that can be edited to make it fully transparent - or something...  Huh
(05-31-2020, 04:52 PM)Steen Toudal Wrote:  Some great choices for next series.  Smile

Does anyone know if there's a way to get rid of the helmet of the Porsche GT America in VR? I really like the car, and only part of the helmet is visible, but it's pretty annoying. Maybe there's some INI file that can be edited to make it fully transparent - or something...  Huh
Found this on reddit, maybe it helps.

"For modded cars , if the data folder is not hidden , open driver3d and delete all , now copy and paste this below
You will find this assettocorsa/sdk/dev/content/cars/formula_k/data --------driver3d

[MODEL]
NAME=driver
POSITION=0,0,0

[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=200

[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=150
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=150
PRELOAD_RPM=6000
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

[HEAD_MOVEMENT]
FILTER=0.15 ; AMOUNT OF FILTERING APPLIED TO THE G VALUES. 0=no movement, do not use. Low values=high filter, high values=low filter
MAX_G=2.0 ; Max G level allowed. G above this value will be clamped
ROLL_MAX_DEG=-12.0 ; Head roll vs lateral G. Max rotation at MAX_G lateral G
PITCH_MAX_DEG=-15 ; Same as above but for head pitch vs longitudinal G (braking)
YAW_MAX_DEG=20 ; Same as above for head yaw vs lateral G"
I appreciate the help, but unfortunately the data folder appears to be hidden.

edit: Aha! I extracted the data using Content Manager and did what you suggested - and, voila!, now the helmet is fully hidden in VR. Thank you so much.

Of course, now I'm a bit nervous that I'll get some server mismatch when I go online with the car, because I've modified it (even if it was only the driver graphics).  Undecided
(06-01-2020, 07:58 AM)Steen Toudal Wrote:  Of course, now I'm a bit nervous that I'll get some server mismatch when I go online with the car, because I've modified it (even if it was only the driver graphics).  Undecided
That's what I thought when I read the solution, I want to think that every change made on the car will throw a mismatch error on the server.

I faced this helmet problem before and what I usually do is to use the Onboard Setting app to move the seat position or I just move my head back and I recenter the VR view, so when I come back to my natural position the helmet is behind the camera.
Please let us know if the Rafael's solution works online.
(06-01-2020, 09:30 AM)David Iglesias Wrote:  Please let us know if the Rafael's solution works online.

Will do.  Smile
I think that fix will not work. Even if you unpack data.acd file, you will get both the new unpacked data folder and the packed original data.acd file will remain there and unchanged. The car mods usually come with this packed data.acd file and this is what the server looks for when joining and loading the car. But if it is not there, then CM/AC loader looks for the data folder. Then you will get a mismatch if it is different than the one on the server.

You can choose in Content manager for it to look for extracted data folder instead for the data.acd file, even if it's still there. But you will for sure get a mismatch if you extract the data, change a file and then re-pack to a new data.acd file again.
This is for development purposes usually, but some mods came unpacked like this and then altering files and cheating online was possible obviously. This is why data.acd packing exists.
(06-01-2020, 03:52 PM)Filip Stoyanovich Wrote:  I think that fix will not work. Even if you unpack data.acd file, you will get both the new unpacked data folder and the packed original data.acd file will remain there and unchanged. The car mods usually come with this packed data.acd file and this is what the server looks for when joining and loading the car. But if it is not there, then CM/AC loader looks for the data folder. Then you will get a mismatch if it is different than the one on the server.

You can choose in Content manager for it to look for extracted data folder instead for the data.acd file, even if it's still there. But you will for sure get a mismatch if you extract the data, change a file and then re-pack to a new data.acd file again.
This is for development purposes usually, but some mods came unpacked like this and then altering files and cheating online was possible obviously. This is why data.acd packing exists.
You're probably right. I'm new to SRS so I don't know all the kinks. But this makes perfect sense. I was interested in the issue because I was planning to move to VR myself. But it seems that I might be better of with my single screen until everyone grows out of Assetto and move to Competizione or Automobilista 2 or something. Something that's not using the old model for cars which is what causes the helmet issue in VR.
(06-01-2020, 10:13 PM)Rafael S Silva Wrote:  But it seems that I might be better of with my single screen until everyone grows out of Assetto and move to Competizione or Automobilista 2 or something. Something that's not using the old model for cars which is what causes the helmet issue in VR.

Just to be clear: Pretty much all the cars that have been used in SRS are fine for VR. This is the only one I've come across that has this issue - and it's a minor one, as the helmet is not fully visible, just parts of it. It doesn't block the view.

edit: I want to point out that I'm absolutely not trying to cheat in any way. I just trying to get rid of a graphical annoyance.
If it's just a bit of the helmet showing, try pushing your seating position a few centimetres back, reset the camera (you can assign a button for that via Content Manager) and then go back to your natural position.