Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backing out from a race
Hello fellow racers,
I just did a race and noticed that the following happened: There was this one driver listed and registered for the race at the time I joined right in the last seconds.
But then he never joined the sessions, and after the race I checked that it had no affect on his championship stats (number of races, points etc.) Also did not see any affect on his ranking either.
How is this possible? Can people check who they are racing against and back out without any consequinces for stats?
Cheers!
-Erik
If you sign up for a race, you have the option to cancel that sign up all the way up to the 5 minite mark. Once the sign up period has closed if you don't turn up or don't do at least 2 laps then it will affect you standing.

I have to say I have canceled a signup to a race at the last second before, but this is usualy because there were less than 6 peolpe singed up.
Aah, okey, I did not actually know that. I though if you sign up there´s no turning back without losing ranking points etc.
Quite a shame actually that people can choose, for example, not to race againts some driver that he "knows" is most likely faster at this car/track combo, exspecially when you are fighting for the championship with him.
Well, same for everybody so that's that. Thanks for the knowledge! ..Still learning SRS it seems Smile
Yeah, I guess you could cherry pick the races you are in, but... why? Is there some secret underground gambling associated with who wins championships on here or something? It's Internet Points, gentlemen! If you aren't having a good time regardless of points, maybe you should pack it up?
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Indeed, I´ll race againgst whatever SRS throws at me and I´m having a blast doing so! Smile  I have never backed out from a race for any reason since I joined SRS, and surely will not start doing that in the future either. ..or maybe I could if there´s less than 6 racers registered for the race.
"exspecially when you are fighting for the championship with him"
-I would love to race and battle to a person who was fighting for the championship. The win is sweeter if you need to battle hard. Cant understand how to cancel a race for that reason. Let the best driver win and earn the victory.
Personally it will never happened me as a rookie I am Smile
Good luck in the Championship Erik!