Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
incidents evaluation/ratio
It will never make sense to people new to things here. But there's nothing that can be done about it. And as I've said in so many other threads: it's Internet Points. Race clean because you want to race clean, not so you can keep your Internet Points climbing faster.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(06-18-2020, 10:37 PM)Martin Smith Wrote:  You should get incident points for that because everyone gets incident points even when it's the other person's mistakes.

Why do you think you should be the exception?

I didn't mean that I should be the exeption. More that the driver who cause the accident in all situation should get the point.
Never mind its same for all!

(06-18-2020, 10:50 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  It will never make sense to people new to things here. But there's nothing that can be done about it. And as I've said in so many other threads: it's Internet Points. Race clean because you want to race clean, not so you can keep your Internet Points climbing faster.

You are right!  Smile
(06-18-2020, 10:28 PM)Henrik Kjellberg Wrote:  Why should I got incident points for that because of others behaivior?

Because there's no way for a game to know whether the incident is your fault or not. So the options are either to report every detected contact as an incident and deal with the responsible ones through the protests, or do nothing at all.
The game can't recognize fault of the driver and the admin cannot fiddle around with this many races running during one day alone. So if you feel that the incident could have been avoided by that guy that made it, and you don't accept his apology or you feel it's not the first or the last time to happen, then report that incident and that driver. This is the best you can do to remove unfair competition and possibly end up with more of people educated in this way of racing. But the final championship points earned in the race will always remain unchanged. What hurts most is this effect on your championship standings, we know.

Some light door banging, bumper riding and light wall scraping can sometime go through without being registered as an incident by the AC report system. Most likely, if you see that you didn't get any damage from it, it will not count as an incident. If you make contact with the wall (or with another car) with one part of your car, and then the other part, it could count as two incident points. Let's say you are too hot into and going sideways through the corner and hit the wall with your rear, then with your front with damage result on both. That will probably be 2 incident points. There were situations I got rear-ended on braking after a long straight. As a result I got sideways into the barrier with both rear and then front, scraping it for maybe 2 seconds until I get glued off and back on track = 4 incident points. Amazing Smile
At the end of the day it's an average number that doesn't change by a ruined race or two.

I'm at my 1.8 points since almost 3 years now. If I have a race with 8 incididents and it makes a negative impact on my safety rating, it's not just beacuse of this particular race and all those idots that bumped into me, but mainly because of all the other races where I wasn't able to keep it clean.

edit: oh shit, it's 1.9 now, haha
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020