Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Austria (Servus!)
Hello fellow racers,
Servus aus Wien! 
Before joining SRS and Assetto Corsa I mainly used to play F1 2018/19 on PS4. But as you might or might not know, online racing there is just a joke (toxic community, trolls just looking to ruin whole races). I found it quite stressful to play there (and pay a monthly a PS-Plus subscription just to get my experience ruined - I know I could have joined a league but with a 40+ work week it just didn't happen) so I quit for about a year.
Anno 2020 and I found myself looking at my (what some of you guys would consider a crap) racing wheel (T150) and thought that Assetto Corsa looked quite fun; just before comitting to this game I found this community and am quite excited to race with some of you guys!
Long story short: new to the whole pc-sim racing thing (so excuse if I make some mistakes which some of you consider a no go - i'm trying my best to learn and not purposely ruining anyones experience), excited and looking forward to have some (decent) racing and fun with you guys! 
Cheers
JR
Hi John nice to have you here.

I did it the other way round with playing Assetto Corsa the last 4 years and now playing a bit of F1 2019 recently (my last F1 game was F1 2013 and already there races were just a wreckfest).
Never played ranked in F1 yet but until now it somewhat developed to the better within the last 7 years with having "a licence" and safety ratings and stuff.
However, be aware that here on SRS every even so slight contact will deduct championship points and influence your rating.
See you on track!
Big Grin 
(05-20-2020, 01:50 PM)Simon Speth Wrote:  Hi John nice to have you here.

I did it the other way round with playing Assetto Corsa the last 4 years and now playing a bit of F1 2019 recently (my last F1 game was F1 2013 and already there races were just a wreckfest).
Never played ranked in F1 yet but until now it somewhat developed to the better within the last 7 years with having "a licence" and safety ratings and stuff.
However, be aware that here on SRS every even so slight contact will deduct championship points and influence your rating.
See you on track!
Thanks for the welcome, Simon! 

Well everybody's experience differs. For me it just didn't work out when I tried to be "competitive"   Big Grin . Safety rating just doesn't cut it for me. Having clean races all week and building up my license just to be demolished by a troll on one afternoon and having my license downgraded and to be paired with trollers all over again.
It's fun for just a spin and the immersion, but when I'm actually trying to race, it's just way to chaotic.

That's what I'm looking for here - fair and competitive racing (at least as competitive as my skills let me, trying to race a somewhat "serious" sim for the first time). Having the caveat trying not to contact someone I can live with. I know that accidental touches in the midst of racing happens and to be honest i don't mind that at all. It's just the trollers and out of controllers that bug me.

See you on track mate - when i finally feel confident enough to race real people over AI  Tongue

Gruß John
Hi,
Look for live practice* before joining races. This might help you decide to join a race and help with close driving without penalties. Good Luck!
*See 'Slobros' or ' 'Simpit' etc or search for SRS and get in close and drive!

jim c russell
slobros
(05-23-2020, 05:29 PM)Jim C Russell Wrote:  Hi,
Look for live practice* before joining races.  This might help you decide to join a race and help with close driving without penalties.  Good Luck!
*See 'Slobros' or ' 'Simpit' etc  or search for SRS and get in close and drive!

jim c russell
slobros

Hi

In fact today I joined my first race. Wasn't too bad but made a few mistakes (one of which includes not reacting appropriately when blue flag came up). Had 6 incidents sadly, wished i had none (most of which - 4 in fact - occurred because the guy in front of me didn't leave me space when i was clearly beside him or changing lines in the breaking zone or losing his car and me having no time to react).

Will check out your recommendations though. Thanks! 

JR
(05-23-2020, 09:47 PM)just a reminder, do not discuss any race incidents on this forum, good luckJohn Reed Wrote:  
Look for live practice* before joining races.  This might help you decide to join a race and help with close driving without penalties.  Good Luck!

jim c russell
slobros

Hi

In fact today I joined my first race. Wasn't too bad but made a few mistakes (one of which includes not reacting appropriately when blue flag came up). Had 6 incidents sadly, wished i had none (most of which - 4 in fact - occurred because the guy in front of me didn't leave me space when i was clearly beside him or changing lines in the breaking zone or losing his car and me having no time to react).

JR
(05-23-2020, 10:40 PM)Jim C Russell Wrote:  
(05-23-2020, 09:47 PM)just a reminder, do not discuss any race incidents on this forum, good luckJohn Reed Wrote:  

jim c russell
slobros

Hi

JR
Will keep that in mind! 
JR