Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
screen freeze
Today on Lotus race, my screen froze for about 2 seconds and i crashed because of it. This has happen before on other races sometimes it happens.
I have an above average pc running the game at 65 fps so its not because of my pc, could it be the cars skins loading for first time i think i read that somewhere?
How can i avoid this happening?
Thanks
I dont think its because of skin loading if it was in the race, it happend to me also some races ago, but its not happening often (once in 100 races for me), i do not think you can do anything about it ...
I've had that in the middle of 1 hour races so definitely wasn't the skin transfer app. Full 3 second freeze. It hasn't happened at all for a few months since I replaced my router. But I can't imagine it has anything to do with my router, even though I had a really old one.

I suspect everyone has to live with the same problem occasionally.
I get micro stutters maybe once per race... but nothing that lasts longer than maybe... geez... 0.2 seconds? My hypothesis is that it happens when something catastrophic happens somewhere on the track and your client has to all of a sudden do a physic simulation of what all the cars involved should look like when they smash into each other or into barriers or whatever. Just a guess, though.

I've also read that that kind of freezing can be caused by various in game apps that are probably not handling something optimally. Of course, narrowing that down is going to be a tall order given the infrequency of the issue. :|
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Just wanted to say that since I installed AC and CM on my SSD, now i get micro stutters sometimes instead of the 2-3 seconds screen freezes, so it might have to do with something loading mid race. Hope this helps anyone.
Do you use Custom Shaders Patch?
(09-17-2020, 05:59 PM)Juan Caires Wrote:  Do you use Custom Shaders Patch?
yes
(09-17-2020, 10:03 PM)Ricardo Jantarada Wrote:  
(09-17-2020, 05:59 PM)Juan Caires Wrote:  Do you use Custom Shaders Patch?
yes
I had some problems with custom shaders patch while I was using it. In the GT3 Zandvoort america race I suddenly had a huge windows crash (and my PC rebooted after) with no log or anything from AC or Windows.

Before this I had other crash from Custom shaders patch in another league and the problem was custom shaders patch because AC logged this one (it was something to do with the track compatibility with the patch). I uninstalled the CSP and then installed it again to give it a second chance.

So after the Zandvoort crash I uninstalled it forever and didn't have any crash or anything related since them. It was like 1 month ago and I pretty much play AC every day.

You can try uninstalling it to see if the problem has something to do with the patch.