Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This forum seems unusable at times...
Alright guys i'm not exactly a pro with browsers but i'm not a total idiot either....
im struggling to use this forum properly. 
If i try and Quote people to reply to, it puts the quote in a separate user box, inside the message box, and also puts your cursor inside - so you can't quote+reply, because your response is stuck inside their quote. 
Then if i continue typing, the scroll bar on the right appears, even though the message box is twice as big. 
The other issue is i can't seem to embed videos, it leaves a blank space where the video should be, but no one can see it - bit bizarrely if you hover mouse over it you can see some info in the top left relating to view count etc... 
but when you preview the post you can see the video - though its still stuck in this 'inner' message box, inside the message box. 
Is this user error or  are other people struggling to use this forum?
(05-15-2020, 07:44 PM)Ted Haggard Wrote:  Alright guys i'm not exactly a pro with browsers but i'm not a total idiot either....
If i try and Quote people to reply to, it puts the quote in a separate user box, inside the message box, and also puts your cursor inside - so you can't quote+reply, because your response is stuck inside their quote. 
Then if i continue typing, the scroll bar on the right appears, even though the message box is twice as big. 
The other issue is i can't seem to embed videos, it leaves a blank space where the video should be, but no one can see it - bit bizarrely if you hover mouse over it you can see some info in the top left relating to view count etc... 
but when you preview the post you can see the video - though its still stuck in this 'inner' message box, inside the message box. 
The first thing about quoting is it just being really weird looking in the WYSIWYG interface. You have to manually do a bunch of Down Arrow and End commands to get to the bottom to get under the quote box of the person you are replying to before typing anything (as I have done here). I've noticed that our gracious admin actually gets around this by putting his replies at the top of quote boxes instead of below. I guess that's clever... but the cultural standard everywhere else on the Internet is to reply beneath the quote, so it's quite jarring when I read posts from simracingadmin that have a quote in them.

As for your observations about the scrollbars and embedded videos, yup, same thing here (as you probably saw in the Lotus98T thread here: >>>LINK<<<)

One thing that you did not mention is that hyperlinks are mostly invisible unless your monitor is nice enough to differentiate between black and dark blue/purple easily (see my obnoxious link above).

Would be super cool to get these looked at. Or at least know that they are going to be ignored so I can stop OCDing about them every time I post. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(05-16-2020, 02:29 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  
(05-15-2020, 07:44 PM)Ted Haggard Wrote:  Alright guys i'm not exactly a pro with browsers but i'm not a total idiot either....
The first thing about quoting is it just being really weird looking in the WYSIWYG interface. You have to manually do a bunch of Down Arrow and End commands to get to the bottom to get under the quote box of the person you are replying to before typing anything (as I have done here). I've noticed that our gracious admin actually gets around this by putting his replies at the top of quote boxes instead of below. I guess that's clever... but the cultural standard everywhere else on the Internet is to reply beneath the quote, so it's quite jarring when I read posts from simracingadmin that have a quote in them.

As for your observations about the scrollbars and embedded videos, yup, same thing here (as you probably saw in the Lotus98T thread here: >>>LINK<<<)

One thing that you did not mention is that hyperlinks are mostly invisible unless your monitor is nice enough to differentiate between black and dark blue/purple easily (see my obnoxious link above).

Would be super cool to get these looked at. Or at least know that they are going to be ignored so I can stop OCDing about them every time I post. Big Grin
TEST MESSAGE
You did it! Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(05-16-2020, 07:40 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  You did it! Big Grin
Thought I'd give it a try...…..