Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling on VR users playing AC - what specs?
my VR performance takes a nosedive when i go from practising on my own to racing on SRS with a grid of cars - even if i'm at the front. 
i was hoping to hear from anyone who gets a constant 90fps (valve index) whilst racing in a full 24 car grid on here, what your specs are? So i can compare and see what i need to upgrade...
i already have a 2070 super but its not really made much of a difference, i'm aware AC is CPU heavy, but don't know if that's in VR too. 
so what are you guys running?
Intel I7-9700K 3.6GHz overclocked to 4.0Ghz, 32GB memory, Nvidia 2070.  According to CM I get 89FPS all the time, not sure how accurate that is, but I don't have an issue with performance.  I have the HTC Vive, so the lower resolution is helping.  In steam VR I have the "Resolution per eye" at 150% (1852x2056).
You shouldn't have any problems to reach the 90 FPS with that graphic card. I'm using a 2080 with an i5-6600k slightly overclocked and I'm able to keep the 90 FPS with 1.8 supersampling and many settings in high even playing against the IA.

I'll upload my settings later but I remember that SOL and some CSP features were causing me a lot of frame drops when I configured the graphic settings. They are amazing but I've read that are not well optimized for VR so your problem might be there.

Edit.
These are my settings. The FPS boost came after using the Natural Graphics Mod instead of SOL as post processing filter.
https://imgur.com/a/BHEWou9
https://imgur.com/a/2jxCnSd

Hope it helps.
i5-9600k at 4.6GHz, 16GB of 2400mhz ram, 2070 Super 8GB.

I'm using the HP Reverb, default resolution of 4320 x 2160, I supersample 140% as well. I get 90 FPS solo. But use Asynchronous Reprojection and get steady 45 FPS when playing with 24 cars on grid.
i have got ryzen 1700 clocked at 3.75 ghz and liquid cooled vega 64 with oculus rift, only have problems with some modded cars that do not have correct lods (radical for example, on silverstone with seeing many cars fps wet to 35 and that was kinda undrivable), with kunos carsa lowest i seen is somewhere around 70 with many cars in view, i have reprojection off because that feels super horrible when it goes to 45, feels like its much better to have it fluctuate from 70-90 when there is many cars infront, that i cant even notice. Wanna get 16 core but not sure if i should wait for next gen(for 3d work ofc even tho i dont do any atm Smile but its a good excuse) and waiting for big navi.
(05-08-2020, 08:49 PM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  i have got ryzen 1700 clocked at 3.75 ghz and liquid cooled vega 64 with oculus rift, only have problems with some modded cars that do not have correct lods (radical for example, on silverstone with seeing many cars fps wet to 35 and that was kinda undrivable), with kunos carsa lowest i seen is somewhere around 70 with many cars in view, i have reprojection off because that feels super horrible when it goes to 45, feels like its much better to have it fluctuate from 70-90 when there is many cars infront, that i cant even notice.  Wanna get 16 core but not sure if i should  wait for next gen(for 3d work ofc even tho i dont do any atm Smile but its a good excuse) and waiting for big navi.
Considering VR barely takes any resources from the CPU, what's your justification for wanting a 16 core CPU? AC Won't even utilize them all Tongue
Well its mainly workstation for actuall work, 3d, graphics design, astrophotography processing and such, vr and assetto are just for the time when its not doing any usefull work Smile