Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No cheat, fail server??
Good afternoon, in the race this afternoon tatuus 20:00, I have observed that my car gave the feeling that it was going a little faster than the rest, at first I thought it was by my own handling, but when reviewing the repetition I have observed that my car was around 5 / 6km / h faster, I don't know what happened but I haven't used any trick or anything like that, I don't know if it was a server failure or what happened, I want to make it very clear , and I put myself at the disposal of the administrators to tell me what happened, if it is necessary for the victory to be withdrawn, I do not want to win like this.
a greeting
and forgive the people with whom I competed this afternoon.

You were simply faster.

The replays in AC don't show the speed of opponents accurately to protect their setup/strategy/technique.
Looking at the replay you had more grip than anyone else. You were taking lines I could not take even though I have the fastest qualifying lap this week. Interestingly, if you add up your lap times it comes to 25 seconds more than your race time shows. Your lap times in 1:03:xxx are showing as 1:05.xxx.
I accused you of cheating because I could not see any other explanation for how fast you were. I had not thought it could be a mistake.
Maybe also important that at the end of practice the server seemed to reset and another practice session started.
I do not know what it will be, but it gave me the feeling of going faster than the rest, but the times were normal, here I leave them ..., I do not want problems so I prefer that it be investigated, I want to continue running on this platform.
Okay that IS odd. Your 'fastest lap' of 1:05.65 is slower than the *average* you'd have to sustain to complete 19 laps in 20:33, which is 1:04.9!
I have the same thing happen to me, every race. Only reversed, I'm 2 to 5 seconds a lap slower!
Looks like the glitch should be easy to prove by adding up lap times.

Not that it would make any difference, I doubt race results will ever be altered after the fact.
I would find it easier to understand if it was someone with only a few races completed, not someone with 350+ races. Then I would write it off as a cheater immediately. 
If you look at the lap chart, I got passed on lap 12 my someone doing a slower lap time than me. He then pulled away while still going slower!
(05-05-2020, 07:27 PM)Dominic ORourke Wrote:  Looking at the replay you had more grip than anyone else. You were taking lines I could not take even though I have the fastest qualifying lap this week. Interestingly, if you add up your lap times it comes to 25 seconds more than your race time shows. Your lap times in 1:03:xxx are showing as 1:05.xxx.
I accused you of cheating because I could not see any other explanation for how fast you were. I had not thought it could be a mistake.
Maybe also important that at the end of practice the server seemed to reset and another practice session started.
This thing did not happen for the first time on SRS. A long time ago, maybe 2-3 years back I saw it as well, we calculated the times of the guy and it wasnt the same as his race result time. I also accused the guy of cheating, but I guess he wasnt.. back then I was googling possible reasons and some people were saying it could be because of the processor overclock or whatever Big Grin the guy was also faster than anyone else on the straight, overtaking easily, went from 12th to 1st or something like that. He never got banned, we couldnt prove he cheated, it was impossible. With the time I actually think that he didnt cheat, but who knows where was the mistake, if it was server or something else... we will never find out.
NEVER GIVE UP!
This also happened in a private league I'm participating, so it seems to be a (very rare) Assetto Corsa bug and not necessarily a bug of SRS in particular.

In that league we also couldn't figure out why. That guy had regular hardware, didn't run any special mods, had a good connection and it only occurred once.

But in this case he was slower than the rest of us. He said his straight line speed was the same as ours but we just went by him as it was nothing. His lap times were as fast as ours but he still lost time each lap.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020